Pics
I desperately want chocolate Muscovies! You just don't see them around here :love

Are there chocolates in Australia at all? The color's non-existing in my country... :hit
I have a plan to legally import some from neighboring countries, but it's gonna cost a fair bit and require a lot of planning. Maybe next year, if I dare :oops:

Are there chocolates in Australia at all? The color's non-existing in my country... :hit
I have a plan to legally import some from neighboring countries, but it's gonna cost a fair bit and require a lot of planning. Maybe next year, if I dare :oops:
I'm not actually not sure if there is or not. From what I've read they aren't a recognised colour here currently, as we only have a small genetic pool. I can imagine the costs! We have some of the strictist quarrantine in the world. I'm living through you guys with all these colours!

My 21 strong duckling herd is coloring in, and it's very exciting! A lot of different patterns emerging. Barred black and blue, many bibbed and pied. 2 fully white and one silver.
DSC_0006_mod.jpg

These two guys have some fancy beaks. One with black caruncles, the other with a black and white beak split down the middle.
DSC_0027_mod.jpg

Black pied, black magpie, barred black, and silver in the middle. Quite sure the black and barred are ladies.
DSC_0030_mod.jpg

My 21 strong duckling herd is coloring in, and it's very exciting! A lot of different patterns emerging. Barred black and blue, many bibbed and pied. 2 fully white and one silver.
View attachment 1873957

These two guys have some fancy beaks. One with black caruncles, the other with a black and white beak split down the middle.
View attachment 1873958
Black pied, black magpie, barred black, and silver in the middle. Quite sure the black and barred are ladies.
View attachment 1873959

They are so beautiful! I love the colors! :love

View attachment 1874206 They like to come in for their dog food snack
That's wonderful Patti! Your scovies are so beautiful! :love

13572575-8E6C-4B4A-84DC-BB6742531A79.jpeg
BA3A2916-4E71-488F-AF16-11AD7BE32D42.jpeg
Hello! I’m a newby on here! Brief overview...past “relationship” (7 yrs long) w goose at community pond. Magnetic bond w us, I have since developed soft spot w duck/geese. (Known as a natural “goose whisperer”.)

Three years ago our now former neighbors felt our shared pond needed ducks. Brought in domesticated male and female Muscovy pair. It became apparent I would be the care giver. Became attached to Big Daddy & Cleo, feeding them oatmeal daily. Sometimes corn.
Cleo had mishap last weekend w wild critter, I found and buried her.
Big Daddy not himself and not approachable. Retreats into pond. Lots of flies on his top backside. Believe there’s a hidden wound, possibly happened when Cleo was killed. HELP! He’s not eating. 48 hrs now. No longer wants to come into our yard to “socialize” w me. (She was/he is free roaming by our pond) I will try again in morning to lure him up from pond for closer inspection. He seemed soothed when I later sat by pond in chair and played soft music for him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom