Pics
So today Donald flogged poor Daisy, in his attempt to mate her. He's never been agressive towards his girls before. I had to chase him off with a broom (and fight the urge to stick him in a pot!) But look at my poor girl! She also has blood on her back, I'm guessing where he tried to grab hold of her.:hit

Attachments

• 20190909_170959.jpg
    20190909_170959.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190909_171358.jpg
    20190909_171358.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20190909_171422.jpg
    20190909_171422.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
So today Donald flogged poor Daisy, in his attempt to mate her. He's never been agressive towards his girls before. I had to chase him off with a broom (and fight the urge to stick him in a pot!) But look at my poor girl! She also has blood on her back, I'm guessing where he tried to grab hold of her.:hit
I'm so sorry about that. :hugs Hopefully he isn't so aggressive next time.

One of my Muscovy hens hatched 20 more ducklings yesterday. :D :gig:lau
Uh oh, duck math is getting to me..... again! :lol:
Now my last batch of Muscovies is hatched for the year.
They're extraordinarily adorable as ever.
I'll have to try and get some pics soon.
They came in so many different colors this time! Some of them look like colors I've never seen before. I can't wait until they feather out and I can see what they will look like.

I had organized to pick up the last muscovies for my magpie-breeding project next week, but my car broke down so now I'm stranded and broke!! I had to send a humble and apologizing message to the seller and call off the deal. Luckily he was fine with it. Gosh, I hate inconveniencing people... :(

My initial plan was to do line breeding with 3 unrelated drakes. Not sure what I'll go for now, either 2 lines with the 2 good drakes I have and get new birds for the last line next year, or use the "badly patterned" drake I have as the 3rd line. We'll see...

The two blue ones I bought last week, Don Quiduck and Duckinea. The two smaller black ones are of my own stock, Didrik and Della.
DSC_0029_mod.jpg

DSC_0032_mod.jpg

I had organized to pick up the last muscovies for my magpie-breeding project next week, but my car broke down so now I'm stranded and broke!! I had to send a humble and apologizing message to the seller and call off the deal. Luckily he was fine with it. Gosh, I hate inconveniencing people... :(

My initial plan was to do line breeding with 3 unrelated drakes. Not sure what I'll go for now, either 2 lines with the 2 good drakes I have and get new birds for the last line next year, or use the "badly patterned" drake I have as the 3rd line. We'll see...

The two blue ones I bought last week, Don Quiduck and Duckinea. The two smaller black ones are of my own stock, Didrik and Della.
View attachment 1905740
View attachment 1905741
Oh no! That's too bad your car broke down! :(
Your new Muscovies are very, very beautiful! :) :love

Back
Top Bottom