Pics
Oh no! That's too bad your car broke down! :(
Your new Muscovies are very, very beautiful! :) :love

Hubby's a hobby mechanic so he'll have it fixed by the end of next week, but parts don't come cheap and the ducks were an unnecessary expense that had to go. It's not like ducks are a solid investment, they just eat money and lay around all day. In a sweet, delightful way of course. Haha!

Kia ora (which means hello) from New Zealand. May I jump into your thread? I was last active on this website in 2010, as far as I can see, but I got some pied muscovies a few weeks back, and I am getting a blue and some whites tomorrow. I have had pied and white before, but never a blue, so I am quite excited to see how it will feather out. I thought this thread may be a fun place to share the progress of my new ducks.

Kia ora (which means hello) from New Zealand. May I jump into your thread? I was last active on this website in 2010, as far as I can see, but I got some pied muscovies a few weeks back, and I am getting a blue and some whites tomorrow. I have had pied and white before, but never a blue, so I am quite excited to see how it will feather out. I thought this thread may be a fun place to share the progress of my new ducks.
Welcome! Can't wait to see photos and updates! I'm just across the water from you in Australia:frow

Fantastic! I've only crossed that water twice, both trips for conferences. Once to Sydney, the other time to Hobart. I saw all kinds of interesting birds in Sydney, not so many in Hobart, but had very little time to look around.

Kia ora! :frow Welcome back! You are certainly welcome on this thread! We're glad to have you here with us! Can't wait to see pics of your new ducks!
Happy Muscovy-ing! :)

I can see the first grey light of dawn. I'm having a coffee, and will then set up their cage and a wee dog kennel I have for some shelter. I can collect the muscovies four hours from now. I'm feeling very curious. It's very unusual to get muscovies here in colours other than white or pied black and white. I have never seen blues except in photos. The seller also has bronze, but no bronze ducklings just now. Some of the white-looking ducklings will possibly be a dilute version of one of the other colours, so I will be interested in your thoughts once I have photos. Apparently the bronze here is different genetically from the chocolate in the US, so that will make it a little harder to figure out what I have, but it will be fun trying.

I can see the first grey light of dawn. I'm having a coffee, and will then set up their cage and a wee dog kennel I have for some shelter. I can collect the muscovies four hours from now. I'm feeling very curious. It's very unusual to get muscovies here in colours other than white or pied black and white. I have never seen blues except in photos. The seller also has bronze, but no bronze ducklings just now. Some of the white-looking ducklings will possibly be a dilute version of one of the other colours, so I will be interested in your thoughts once I have photos. Apparently the bronze here is different genetically from the chocolate in the US, so that will make it a little harder to figure out what I have, but it will be fun trying.
White and black/ white are the most common here too. I love mystery ducks. My mystery girl started off white and has turned to a beautiful pied blue. I'd love a chocolate! But just non existent around these parts, I haven't even thought to look for bronze

I did not get to see an adult bronze or blue, as some other birds have been moved on. Bronze ducklings will be available in a few weeks. Here are the babies (about 6 weeks old) which I bought today:
The little black one is showing iridescence already, which surprised me. My black and white girls were older than this before they showed any.

Back
Top Bottom