Mahonri's 2nd Annual BYC EASTER HATCH. Post pics of your chicks!

Everyone sets at NOON local time on April 2nd... from Australia to Europe to the USA as far west as Alaska.

Report at what local time your first one comes out...

Should be fun.

Unlike the New Years...Hatch, I won't be up in my skiveez trying to take a pic at 15 seconds past midnight of a newly hatched chick!

Last edited:
OMG I need quail advise! Can someone in here help me?

They're pipping, but I think I blew it. I have them in a regular carton. I was thinking last minute maybe I should lay them down. The first one I picked up was pipped and starting to zip and I picked it up right at that spot. It has a finger sized dent where the pip is. I hear it peeping, but did I mess up?

Should they be laying down or in the carton?

I haven't hatched quail in 40 years!

Quote:
It's compared to others as if we were all in the same time zone, so the suspense builds on hatch day, as folks get chicks close to noon and have to wait for the next time zone checking in to see if they beat your few minutes.

Last edited:
Quote:
I always hatched my buttons in a chicken egg carton on their sides, but have hatched in quail cartons to.
smile.png
I prefer to hatch in chicken egg cartons so once they hatch they can't get into trouble!!
wink.png
smile.png

Quote:
It's compared to others as if we were all in the same time zone, so the suspense builds on hatch day, as folks get chicks close to noon and have to wait for the next time zone checking in to see if they beat your few minutes.

Oh Lord lol this is going to be insane

This thread is hopping!

I'll never catch up.

Once you know how many eggs you are setting or have set, let me know via PM and I'll put it in post one...

Read the rules for the Best Hatch Rate Contest....it gives the deadline as to when I need to know... and then when the hatch is done, get your camera ready to take a pic of the healthy hatched chicks.

I'm getting SLEEPY...

Dreaming of Icelandic eggs coming in the mail.

72 + 20 = 92 shipped eggs... and I'll be putting in at least 1 or 2 of my own (stacking)
(at least 60 will be Icelandics)

Wahoo..

Still need to run down to Walgreens and buy a new battery for my spot check. I went to turn it on and it said L (low) and then turned off.

I have 2 of my 3 hygrometers working... Can't figure out why the other one is not...

Did I say I'm geting sleepy?

only 3 more wake ups till we set, as Noncenzter would say!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom