Mahonri's 2nd Annual BYC EASTER HATCH. Post pics of your chicks!

Quote:
LOL That WOULD be a surprise!!
lol.png

Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddddddddd

He's out!
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Sure is loud for being so tiny. I hear a second peeping in there, but not sure from where.

Forgot how dinky these things were. Although I'm MUCH bigger than I was last time I hatched them. LOL

Quote:
I take it off and clean it about every third hatch. It gets very yucky with feathers in the fan blades. The screw are kind of cheapo so make sure you have the right sized screwdriver or they will strip.

Mahonri, I don't recall signing up for the sanity patrol this time around. I do recall recommending you get a psychiatrist and good divorce attorney lined up ahead of time though. Kathy is probably still "in." She can share the stories with the folks at work.
lau.gif

Quote:
Indeed you did recommend both... but I figured with you, I'd save time and $$ as you are right here on BYC....

Wolftracks don't feel bad...I have a Delaware, Cannonball who lays her egg on my front porch swing. Does not matter what time I let them out, yesterday because of the rain they did not get out of the coop till almost 11am...she waited and laid it in the swing. A gal is gonna do what she wants to do.
lol.png

Well, since Steve's incubator arrived safe and sound, guess I'll set up my third incubator as an overflow hatcher. I have a huge industrial bator, that I can put upteen million eggs in, but, it seems, I always get a slightly better hatch rate from my genesis, so, my NYREDS dominiques will be going the whole 21 days in one of the Genesis'. That leaves only one Genesis for a hatcher without the still air. So, guess better get fiddling with that one too. I have a hatch due on the 2nd, and one on the 4th, which is too close for comfort with only one hatcher. And the still air takes me like DAYS to regulate. So, best dig it out tomorrow.

I decided i am not gonna wait on the eggs I got today. Can't see much sense in waiting when I'll have plenty of eggs to hatch for the hatch anyways.

8 to 15 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow... sigh. I thought the wintery mess stuff was done and it was nice... my yard was actually all melted in some spots. I'll have to remember to take a nice long look at it today before the snow starts tonight so I can remember what dirt looks like (to keep me sane during my white spring).

I'm meeting CatWater after work tonight to give her some eggs to hatch!!

And isn't it funny the way chickens want to lay eggs in weird spots? FatOne, one of my EEs, was so happy last fall to find the garage door open (by accident) and set up shop in my potato box. Every time the garage door was open she'd run in and jump in the potato bin to lay her egg. Birdbrain. The first day I found her sitting down there, so very proud of herself, sitting on potatoes while her egg languished in the corner of the box. I thought she was going to make me slow roasted taters.

Before:
46869_trash_taters.jpg

After:
46869_aftermath.jpg

46869_img_2157.jpg

These are the last 3 days to collect eggs for the hatch!!

Back
Top Bottom