Mahonri's 2nd Annual NYDHatch, watching them grow...

Quote:
Or the collective nervousness of hundreds more!!!! I think I broke my foot and wore out 2 sets of slippers going from the living room to the mud room where the hatcher is!!! The humidity is too low and the poor things are not doing a good job at hatching....For the first time ever my cabinet is not holding the humidity...I don't know why! I'm tempted to yank those babies out and bring in the sprayer...SOmething has got to give, but it may be too late sigh......

Well I'm always up for a good party AND I have hatching fever but I'll be in Costa Rica 11th to 21st...

Hi! You stay home and set eggs and I'll go in your place.
smile.png

Lisa​

I hope I'll join in on a New Year's hatch.
smile.png
My Polish are leaving their molting cycle, and I am REALLY hoping they'll lay eggs like crazy, and my Tolbunt boys will breed like crazy, so on new years I'll have a bunch of little Tolbunt cross (but they'll look like tolbunts) chicks!!
wee.gif

OK, all of the enthusiasm has me determined to hatch SOMETHING, even if my Calls aren't cooperating-so I've decided that if that fails, I'll set some Pyncheon Bantam eggs(which means I'll set on December 14th(they take 18 days).
Since I have such a horrible track record of hatching roosters, I may as well hatch some cute little roosters!
smile.png

Oh I hope I have eggs by then! One of my Ameraucanas is getting realllly red in the face so I am starting to get some hope we may get an egg soon. I hope I can join in. What a way to bring in the New Year.
smile.png

If I can talk my SO into it... I'll be setting Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs from my own birds. Probably only a few, that time of the year here is very wet and rainy, so we'll see how many eggs my girls give me.
smile.png

I'd like to find some Marans to incubate with them as well, maybe some Olive Eggers too...
roll.png

Well my bator is filling fast. I just found out Illia has BLUE WHEATEN Marans and her roo is GORGEOUS, so I'll be setting 12 or so of those... and then with Mary's Icelandics... if she has any eggs the first week of December to send... Then with my own eggs I imagine I'll be setting over 75 eggs. I'm just hoping that my Ameraucanas step into gear. I've only gotten 3 eggs from them in 7 days... but 16 Marans eggs in 6 days.
Go figure. By Thanksgiving my RIR, and my two EEs should be laying so maybe I'll have some of their pullet eggs to slip in.

Welcome to the New Years hatch the rest of you. We will have chicks popping out of eggs like crazy when it turns 2011!!!

I've decided to hange a light in my coop to help my chances of getting an egg or two.

I've also decided to hatch out some more of these if I can.

68426_chicks_001.jpg

Cochin/Serama cross Roo.

I may have eggs to swap as well.

Would like to hatch some silkies and Marans. Anyone got any extras?

Back
Top Bottom