Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

yes, thats it! sorry but i went to the contest on page 1 and only saw where the entries were posted, so I just tossed it in here hoping someone would notice and redirect.
th.gif

Quote:
Entry for Easter? Maybe this is the contest you mean?

6. Thebirdguy's
hatching-chicken-hello.jpg
Cutest Baby Picture Contest WEEK TWO CONTEST
Pictures can be of a baby of any breed or species but the picture must be taken by the entrant. Limit 3 entries per person. Contest is open only during week two: 24 to 30 March. OPEN TO ALL OF BYC, NOT JUST THE HATCHERS! Post your picture in the Easter Hatch Thread and PM it to Thebirdguy!
Prize: 12 raffle tickets for the Rocky Mountain Chickenstock on May 5th where Greenfire Eggs and much much more can be won. FMI: click here.

The whole purpose of pizza nights for me is not cooking lol

Last year we decided to save money making ourown pizza and not buying so often. We finally worked out a decent pizza dough.

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cups bran
1 tablespoon olive oil

Mix together in a large bowl, add enough warm water to make a soft dough. Knead 5 minutes. let rest 10 minutes.

Sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza pan or jelly roll pan. Place dough on pan and stretch to fit, using a rolling pin to help, and finish fitting to pan by hand. Add sauce, mozarella and other toppings. Bake in hot oven 450 degrees.

Quote:
Yes they need to add turkeys, in the next two weeks please, so it's all ready for our great turkey hatch.

Michelle,My fertility here at home is EXCELLENT BTW....I have a whole bator of those eggs I sent you hatching out for my local feed store. You let me know if you want more eggs. Next time will be my new roo!

Quote:
Thanks for the update. It seems the ones here are doing pretty good too, still being hand turned, and so far, they look good.

Who would want to destroy these
love.gif

And looking at the hatching calender, if you count Backwards from April 7th (counting that as day 21), then day 1 would be Sunday March 18th - not that I am that great at math. I can count to 21 though (all my fingers and toes plus one, right?)

This is something that mystifies me. The eggs take 21 days to hatch, that's 2 weeks. I set them last Saturday so now they are a week old, which means I have two Saturdays to go. Does it really matter if this is day 7 or 8? I mean, they'll hatch on the second Saturday, or earlier if they are Icelandics or one of the other early hatching varieties. Why is there so much emphasis on how to count the days? Seems like Saturday to Saturday pretty much covers it.

But, To each his own. Carry on.

Quote: Sorry Deb, she needs to come live with me. She matches the dogs.

...if my incubator is full, and my adult coop is full, and my "baby coop" is full, WHY am I obsessed with the BSA on here???? I cannot help it. I want every kind of chicken I see! I think it's an illness....
jumpy.gif

And here I was hoping that joining the hatch-a-long would alleviate this peep peep fever....
barnie.gif

There is no known cure, but on the bright side, you have lots of company
lol.png

Quote:
Ditto! Any time it's dark enough is the perfect time for a quick peek
cool.png

Loooove the alpacas! Must be a showgirl lover thing, too.

Which brings me to... he was only over here an hour and I'm exhausted. I am so not mother material. I like my kids to be able to be locked in their coop at night, diaper-free. And if they act out, they're delicious and CPS doesn't come to investigate.

Dang-it! I knew I started with the wrong ones! I have the kind that live in the house, eat off of dishes they don't wash and regularly ask for money and car keys
smack.gif

Quote:
i want to learn too. I can't sit still, always have to be doing something with my hands. I made my grandmother a lace tablecloth once, 10 years of crocheting with fine thread. But it is beautiful and it fit her antique table perfectly.

Let's see if I can download one without my camera dying on me. Here is the NN.

Quote:

I think the naked necks are so cute but the'd need some heavy scarves to survive up here.

Just candled my 26 eggs. This is only my second hatch so I'm kind of guessing now and will "see" what I have in comparison on day 14ish.
ep.gif
I keep a numbered list with notes. Right now I think I have 2 or 3 with blood rings (yes, I moved them to their own corner of the bator, just in case) and 2 that look clear but one of those was really dark. Not bad considering that the 2 that might be clear are from my flock of about 35 with only one rooster. Out of the 26, 6 are from my flock, 8 were picked up close to local, and 12 were shipped clear across the U.S.A.!
celebrate.gif

Feel pretty good about this hatch so far.
pop.gif

I'll candle on day 10... Tuesday.... sometime before I go to bed Then we'll see how I feel about the hatch.

This waiting takes forever, but this week is going to be so EXTREMELY BUSY!

I'm booked heavy MON-WED... I have to do payroll for payday Wednesday night... DW will be off with a youth group at the HUGE Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple and then I get to take & bring back the youngest two to scouts/achievement days etc... Tuesday sometime I need to run to Mesa to pic up some Oxine and Denegaurd that Kevs-chickadees of the AZ peeps bulk ordered for us.

Then, THU-SAT is the Western Regional Dental Convention at the downtown Phoenix Convention Center. 6 hours everyday of lectures etc.. with a 2 hour lunch in the middle. (8 hours total) ... gets tiring/taxing.... It's always good to get those continuing education credit hours, but Thursday I have my Spanish class, and Saturday I should be watching our Worldwide General Conference... I'll have to figure out a way to watch it online later... but Saturday night I need to be home to go with my boys to the evening session via Satellite Transmission at one of our Churches. ... and then I always take them out to eat. Also! Starting Wed. evening after work, DW will be working with contractors to remodel/redo our patient bathroom at the office and that all has to be completely done and in working order by Saturday evening.... I'll be so happy when it's Sunday the 1st!

Stress week.

Back
Top Bottom