Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

WELCOME YOU NEW YEAR'S HATCHERS!

Well, GQF will have my replacement parts here on Wednesday.

My eggs for this hatch

18 Black Copper Marans from Melissa (pasofinofarm) GOD BLESS HER SOUL! She sent 6 extras.

?? BW/W Ameraucanas from Jean (Pips and Peeps) GOD BLESS HER TOO!!! I've met the most WONDERFUL folks here on BYC!!!

4 GC Marans from my own hen and roo

12 BW/W Ameraucanas from my coop

And THEN, depending upon weather or not my new Brinsea gets here I'll have the following designer chickens

4 BWAmeraucana X Leghorns

4 GC Marans X Delaware

2 GC Marans X Black Star

1 GC Marans X EE

3 BW Ameraucana X Salmon Faverolle

1 BW Amerauana X Buff Orpington

Looks like there are at least 6 of us.. shadowpants/thefishery/teacher/dinahmoe/sangle4you/ and myself. The more the merrier!!

And a couple of first time hatchers... that will be fun for all of us.. hopefully we all can help one another and give each other moral support!

When dear son #4 found out that we are getting a Brinsea he was so eggcited he could hardly stand it.

We are already planning on which hens from the current flock will get culled come March.

2 of the W/BW Ameraucana pullets from the hatch are already spoken for by another BYC member from here in Phoenix.

And come next week I'll start saving a dozen W/BW Ameraucana eggs for a member up Prescott way.

First chickies of 2010..... wahoo!!!

celebrate.gif

Actually, I set mine on the 4th in the evening, so I am actually looking at a possible christmas hatch BUT I candeled today (day 3) and don't see a THING. so I don't know if my eggs are infertile or what, but if I candle again wed or th and don't see anything I am going to disinfect and try setting again with you guys thursday or friday...

I'm in also! I set some eggs this past Friday, basically a test hatch for fertility...first-time roo and layers. Unfortunately, several hens have decided to go broody, so I'm not sure how many eggs I'll wind up with, but I'm definitely in for setting again this Friday! With a little bit of luck, I'll have brand new serama babies for Christmas as well as New years'! I have 2 of the Genesis 1588's, one for incubating, one for hatching.

Good Luck to one and all!!!
celebrate.gif

Finished my homemade incubator Sat. I'm trying to set the temp now. So hope to have it regulated soon. This is my first time and am looking forward to go through this with all of you.

I think I am in with 8 Light Sussex eggs that shipped today. Allowing for shipping and resting I should be ready to set them for the New Year's hatch! I will have to do some jockeying for space because I have a Brinsea full of MFD's due on Christmas Day with a few extras in the Hovabator. I will probably have candled the Milles by then and may have some discards. I can move some Milles into the Hovabator and make room in the Brinsea for the Sussex. Sorry Milles, the Sussex were EXPENSIVE!

Well the Brinsea and the Black Copper Marans eggs arrive tomorrow (18) as well as the new electrical cords for the 1588 and it's turner... actually had to buy a new turner moter.... weird.... so I'll have to install it and save the old motor for parts and look for another electrical cord to fit it.

The W/BW Ameraucanas should arrive that Jean sent today on Thursday. (??)

I'll have both bators up and running by tomorrow evening.

SO, Friday about noon I'll set the Marans, the Ameraucanas and then my designer chick eggs! fo a total of 65

We are getting eggcited!!!

Back
Top Bottom