Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

So I've got the 1588 up and running but the temp went up to 111!

So I'm working on getting it back down.

No eggs yet.

No Brinsea yet..

Hopefully tomorrow.

I am in my 12 show girls and silkies will be here saturday and in the bator they will go! It will be my first time hatching and I'm using a LG 9200.....
I am looking forward to trying to hatch some chicks without my hens!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif
:weee

Now that is the way to bring in the New Year!

I wish I had gotten GC Marans eggs from you. I found some on ebay and bid and won. It was a Marans mixed auction and I only received one (1) (uno) GC Marans egg. Ahhhhh!
he.gif

When I get back down to a reasonable number of birds I am going to beg some of yours. I will pay of course
big_smile.png
The roos are so handsome.

I stuck mine in last night. So far so good. I'm not going to get too excited though. This is my first time and it's in my creation. I am keeping my fingers crossed though.

Mahonri,,didn't see this thread until another BYC'er pointed it out to me,,I will join in on this one as well.We have 12 French Black Coppers and 33 Cuckoo Marans eggs,,and 18 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (These should be here tomorrow-saturday) Just got home from the Post Office with the marans eggs,they are warming up now and will go in the bator tonight.

I am in to. I have Buckeye eggs in the mail that should be here today or tomorrow. I am a first time hatcher with my first eggs due this Saturday, then more due 12/18 then even more due 12/25 and now some due for New Years!!!! Boy, I guess I just don't do things on the small side do I?
th.gif

I'm in, but a day early. My light Sussex eggs arrived yesterday evening and after sitting overnight I set them today. I don't want to risk these eggs. So, I may have a little earlier hatch but if I get some good Sussex then I'll gladly let someone else get the "first chick of 2010 title"!

Well I'm going to be a day or maybe even two late.

Eggs from TX were sent Monday supposed to arrive today. Not here.

Eggs from WA were sent Tuesday, supposed to arrive today. Not here.

New Switch panel from GQF will arrive tomorrow before 7PM, so as soon as I get it in and up to temp, if the eggs still haven't arrived, I'll put in my own eggs.

If the Brinsea doesn't come tomorrow, it will come Monday so I'll have chicks that are 3 days apart... should still work.

Good luck everyone... Put them in tonight and we'll see who has the first one to come after midnight Dec.31/Jan1st!!

Happy Incubating and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom