Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

I put in a dozen serama eggs yesterday, so they should hatch on New Year's Day...they are sharing the bator with my Christmas Day Hatch! The parents are new layers, including the roo, so both these batches are really testers. I'm hoping to get 1 out of 4 as frizzled seramas...the curiosity is about to kill me! Not only do I have to wait till they hatch, then I have to wait another 2 weeks or so to tell if I have any frizzles!
roll.png

Quote:
welcome!!! I am not in a climate quite as cold as you yet, but out of curisosity, where are you going to keep them all in that kind of weather once they hatch? Asking bc I'm looking for ideas of my own! LOL

Quote:
I have never seen my roo mating any of my pullets either, but I set 15 last friday and ALL 15 are developing!!! So apparently he was mating all five hens and didn't tell me about it ;-) Good luck!

I so wish I had another bator and was in this hatch as well like I originally planned (grrrr why didn't my patience last?!) LOL

Okay, the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs that I bought here on BYC arrived this morning,,18 of them,all arrived in perfect condition,,been warming up here since 9a.m.,,going in the bator at 6p.m.,,consider them the last of the 2010 Day1 group.

Quote:
My New Years babies are sharing a bator with my Christmas babies too! The Christmas babies will move to the Hovabator to hatch with the other 15 Christmas babies on Day 18, leaving the light Sussex the Brinsea all to themselves. I will probably let the Sussex hatch right in the Brinsea.

Warden-

I am following the same plan! I was going to continue weekly hatchings for the next few weeks, but I'm fighting BROODINESS here big-time, so I'm thinking about not putting any more eggs in until Jan. 1, which will give my pullets 2 weeks to decide to cooperate, and then I'll start collecting eggs on Christmas for the first hatch of 2010, to be put in the bator on Jan.1. Brooding seems to be contagious here...worse than any virus!
hmm.png

Quote:
My New Years babies are sharing a bator with my Christmas babies too! The Christmas babies will move to the Hovabator to hatch with the other 15 Christmas babies on Day 18, leaving the light Sussex the Brinsea all to themselves. I will probably let the Sussex hatch right in the Brinsea.

Did you hatch in the Brinsea last time?

It just seems so cramped and crowded in there... but I imagine that's what it's like under a momma hen.

I've got both of them jam packed full. I hope I get at least 20 chicks out of the 65+...anymore and I'll get to sell them.

Back
Top Bottom