Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

I just killed my entire New Year's hatch! I moved the brooder to the basement because one of the chicks was a "screamer." Since I have inadequate outlets for the heat lamp, I added an adaptor to a light socket. I had hoped that I would remember to untwist the light bulb when I was done down there, and that I'd remember to leave the light switch on. Nope! Habit was too hard to break, and I turned off their heat lamp. When the next group hatches, I'm taping the switch up!

i am so sorry.
hugs.gif

my brooder is out in the barn but it has electricity so they have heat lamps and a heater.i am so afraid that the power will go out out there and me not know it until its too late.

Quote:
Ouch! I just hatched out two white silkies...we were kinda hoping for more since my daughter needs a trio to show for 4H...maybe if momma don't mind since we didn't have a good hatch, you can come up and get them to ease your pain...
wink.png
Its the least I can do for the Serma eggs...and lets not forget my daughters new pet quail...
smile.png

Quote:
Stop?

Yeah, we'll see....

Whoops, I did it again
hide.gif
th.gif
but I am so happy to get these eggs!!
ya.gif
I guess I won't
he.gif
because these are going to be a great addition to the others
celebrate.gif
But keeping 3 sets of Buckeyes seperated won't be easy...
hmm.png
bigredfeathers, pathfinders, and now JamesA
yippiechickie.gif

I vote to pass the blame onto Mahonri, he jinked me.
smack.gif
Can I get away with that?
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
My chicks are in the family room at present.. took them out side but it gets too cold at night... one of them (JD of all the chicks) is a screamer...woke me up two or three times last night.

Quote:
Ouch! I just hatched out two white silkies...we were kinda hoping for more since my daughter needs a trio to show for 4H...maybe if momma don't mind since we didn't have a good hatch, you can come up and get them to ease your pain...
wink.png
Its the least I can do for the Serma eggs...and lets not forget my daughters new pet quail...
smile.png

No problem! My actions have consequences, and I can take the hit. Every time I walked upstairs I thought "I should tape the light switch up". That thought was always followed by "Naw, I'll remember!" You enjoy your chickies (post more pics)(please), and I'll hatch more.

Ask and ye shall recieve...here are the two new ones

hatch2048.jpg

hatch2043.jpg

hatch2042.jpg

And of course the Seramas...since I'm sure your wondering how they are lookin'

LilRoo1.jpg

LilRoo2.jpg

hen1.jpg

Hen2.jpg

Hen3.jpg

Hen4.jpg

I'm pretty sure the first one is a little roo, but the others I'm not sure.

My hatch was due 12-29, started on 12-31 with these 2

43761_newyearsevehatch_016.jpg

New Years Day 3 more hatched:

43761_newyearsevehatch_024.jpg

They think the blue bird on the thermometer is their Mom. When I got them home and into their brooder they all gathered around her and talked & talked. So cute!! I'm sure they were telling her all about their 700 mile trip home!
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

The hatch ran thru' the 5th, and I gave up a couple of days too soon - opened the last 2 eggs. One was a late quitter but the other was alive, but not yet mature - still a lot of yolk sack externally & it died
hit.gif

I ended up w/11 live chix

Back
Top Bottom