MAINE chicken stocks, swaps and shows 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
lots of swaps this weekend

I have these birds available for pick up. I'm all swapped out for a while

1 blue silkie pullet 6 months old, 1 blue silkie cockeral
3 slate turkeys
also a few cockerals, wyandottes in a few colors, blacks, maybe a blue out there. all from friendly birds.
I'm done with swaps too.

As always, I have bantam cochins, d'Uccles and LF cochins coming along. I'll have more birds for sale in the Fall.

I called Skowhegan tractor supply today and the gentleman said that they have swapd days on the third saturday of the month. I hope so I have Black and blue swedes ducks and ducklings and a trio of 100% U.K. black english orpingtons from Old Orchard Bayshore Farms in Virginia. If anyone knows anything different about the Skowhegan swap dates or times Please let me know Thanks.

Hoppy, I tried that number to call Bill and got a message that the number is out of service.

Is there any other way to contact him?

Otherwise, I'll have to go to the NNEBF Basket show on Aug. 5th and have Austin do my testing.

some info for those wanting AI testing for out of state showing (NH)

Bird Testing
Don’t forget that your Pullorum testing cards need
to be updated annually. Birds must be tested to be
entered in shows. Also, anyone interested in getting
A.I. testing (required to show at the Deerfield, N.H.
show in Oct.) can call Bill Morrison and he’ll come out
and test your birds. There will be a small charge for the
test, no charge for his time. His telephone number is 592
Quote:

Hoppy, I tried that number to call Bill and got a message that the number is out of service.

Is there any other way to contact him?

Otherwise, I'll have to go to the NNEBF Basket show on Aug. 5th and have Austin do my testing.
bill's state house number is 207-287-370one or cell 207-592-101nine

there, I also went back and updated that original post with his state house number, no home phone.

Last edited:
HI hoppy,

Do you still have the blue Silkie pullet? How old is she? I bought a little buff pullet from you on June 21st at the Augusta swap (I think she is about 12 weeks?) I have 7 other chicks about the same age. Would your blue pullet get along with the younger ones? I thought the silkie would be a lot smaller than the others (including 3 EEs and a Cochin/Wyndotte cross), but she is growing enough that, while smaller, she is staying in the general range of the others. Despite looking different from the others, no one has tried to pick on her as yet. I'm glad as she is just so sweet and cute. The smallest pullet now is one of the little bantam Wyndotte pullets (we call her "Bossy Lucy" after Lucy of Peanuts fame as she trys to boss all the others around!; so funny to watch!).

Yesterday the new TSC in Ellsworth had its grand openng. I met the new store manager, Krista Bauman. I spoke to her about the idea of doing swaps there and she is all for it. (She formerly worked at the store in, I believe she said, Sanford? or maybe, Wilton? (they had two swaps an month) and is familiar with the swaps and considers them a great win/win idea. Our store has a huge parking lot and shares the building with Mardens (lots of traffic). The building was the old Walmart before they foisted a Walmart "super store" on our comunity.

If anyone in the Ellsworth area would like to work on setting up some swaps in Ellsworth, please contact me. As far as I know the TSC in Bangor is still dragging their heels and one in Ellsworth would be handy for folks downeast and Mount Desert Island, as well as the Blue Hill and Bucksport area. It could be a resource for other livestock as will. There isn't a lot of large-scale farming in our area but a lot of hobby farming and small integrated family operations.

Thanks, Nell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom