maine swap may 21, augusta TSC

hoppy

I'm not all fluff
12 Years
May 5, 2007
central maine
May 21st (sat) Tractor Supply Co, Civic Center Dr, Augusta, ME 8:30am - 2pm Poultry swap

who is bringing what?

I will have silkies, wyandottes, marans x, lavender orpingtons, bantam cochins.
hatching just prior to that and I won't bring unless it's warm,
standard and bantam cochins, RIR, marans (pure),orpingtons, wyandottes in standard and bantam, silkies.

there is one person looking for point of lay or laying blue laced red wyandottes for this swap.
Pm me if you have them and I will forward to her.
------------------
posting this here just as a reminder:
don't forget the 6 chick rule under 8 weeks old. it was mentioned to me that there were some inspectors at other swaps around maine and people got fined for selling small quantities. I am not going to police this, it's not my rule, just letting you all know about it and you can do what you want.
if you are selling from home, you can sell any number you want at any age.

Last edited:
I will have some freshly hatched turken chicks and barnyard cross (non-NN) chicks although I will not be putting them (and their broody mammas) through that torture unless someone is specifically interested in me bringing them. I am also very close to Augusta and would sell them privately.

i have some pearl white leghorn pullets that will be 10 weeks old by the time this swap comes around but not sure if i want to sell any yet i have 12 total . i got them fo my egg selling .

I don't think we will be coming unless someone brings something we are looking for. Bantam ameraucanas, other bantams with loud colors ( for a side breeding project ), Flemish giant rabbit doe, dwarf rabbit doe, also considering buying peoples extra feathers they find around their barnyard with pretty colors and patterns for making jewelery and other projects
smile.png
Though I know the feathers wouldn't be much to ship also
smile.png

Wanted to let everyone know that Mary from Tuck farm will be going to this swap she has tons of raw and finished fiber !! If you know anyone that works with fiber - She has a buch to part with from alpac to camel . I have a bunch of pet quality silkie chicks needing new homes . and a few Mille fluer crossed speckled sussex bantam chicks well started . Some strawberry pots and a few raspberrie plants . ~~~ Tammy

i will be bringing some chicken coops that i have sold some of at other shows along with a rabbit hutch and possibly some indian runner ducks. coops are $180.

I will have to update my sale list had a great week selling chicks.
1 cochin bantam
1 marans x
1 gold comet
mulitiple silkies-1 buff, 2 blues with brown hackles and probably a few others I will weed through
5 white/sport wyandottes
1 blue laced? wyandotte (not blue laced red)

hatching due on wednesday of rocks, rir,cochins,orps, wyandottes (glw),bantam blue wyandottes, marans and I'm sure I have forgotten some.
I won't bring just hatched unless they are presold. PM me if interested

Back
Top Bottom