Maine Swaps 2011

Quote:
On the 30th in Kennebunk municipal parking lot from 8 am - 12 I'll be at the farmers market as we have been invited down to share how we raise birds and a poultry care clinic at 10am. Its going to be a neat day(as usual!) we have had a lot of fun at this event for several years. Please feel free to stop by.

OK! Thanks, I will try. Not sure what time we leave on the 30th. And thanks, Chickie'sMoma! Yes, I would trade for LF, but now had a broody break eggs fighting to get ONTO her favorite nest, so looks like I'll not have enough. Drat her, anyway. they've all slowed down with the heat, so I guess I was overoptimistic! Cheers, Dawn

Quote:
I have not seen one and I did a search as well. not sure if the person running the swap (gordon hill farm) will be starting one but if you want to, then go ahead.

FYI the up coming Kennebunk poultry day is coming on Saturday, please let me know in email if you'd be interested in joining in. I'll gladly put you in touch with the woman that is holding it. These are really nice and you can get some travel reimbursement if you would like to attend. I'd love to see the place packed with birds and you can sell.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone August 13 for the Oxford Tractor Supply Chickenstock. Tag sale, yard sale (how ever you want to put it) are being welcomed to this event. The area TOPS group has a large selection of stuff for sale and hope to see a lot of people buying and selling!

Also, feel free to contact me by email for the Northern New England Bird Fanciers annual fall show at Farmington, ME fairgrounds for a application of membership & pre-registration for your birds. You are welcome to come show, buy & sell birds.

Last edited:
Where would i start that post? Right here? Sorry still pretty new to the forum and find myself having a heck of a time navigating around sometimes:) Thank goodness for the search function:) A post for who is bringing what to the August TSC in Oxford swap... i also don't know how to reply to a specific message, it just sort of shows up at the end... LOL

Cheers,
Jennifer

Last edited:
Quote:
click on Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups in the index and it should let you start a new thread.
then if you can post a link back here, we can all find it easier.

Last edited:
Wow Super, we had a issue with tresspassers into our eggs, locking birds in or out, and ended up placing a bicycle chain on our gates. Its not like they cannot get over the fence, yet it seemed to curb someone. Its just not right, we always loved to come home and see people hanging out, outside the fence with elderly or children just watching the birds.

Kennebunk Back yard Poultry day, and farm day, was really cool. So many people around with different birds and folks loved it. One man came, he brought exotic animals, I had never seen such critters! Way cool!

Not only is Wilton having a "Tractor Supply Farm Day" but don't forget to stop by the Farmington Fairgrounds to enjoy the Northern New England Bird Fanciers annual August show, it will also be on the 7th from 9am - 2pm and to the best of my knowledge, folks are welcome to show, sell, buy or just visit. Its a great place to dip your toes into learning about showing birds as folks are just friendly as can be! Hope to see you there!

Back
Top Bottom