Maine Swaps 2011

im looking for a couple chicken transport crates if anyone knows of any forsale . i thought i remembered reading in a post someone was selling them at a recent swap if i recall. thanks.

Hello from California! I will be in Biddeford Poole from Saturday the 23-Saturday the 30th, and would love to see how you folks do chickens down Maine! Anyone nearby for a chat or coffee?? Please PM me if so! (Is Hattie's still there??)

Also, I am willing to hand-carry fertile eggs from my Splash Marans roo over Splash girls + one BCM if anyone wants eggs! (Please tell me this is legal!) I will do an even trade for fertile eggs: Buff Chantecler, Buttercups. Splash, Mottled or MF Cochin LF (yes I know those colors are mostly bantys--isn't anyone working on a project???), Blue Andalusian, Brabanter, Mille-fleur leghorn and/or Salmon Favorelles, but can only bring six-twelve eggs, depending on what you want. I also have the Splash Marans roo x my two Blue Cochins, so you'd have a 50% chance chance of getting a Splash cross, feather-footed bird. Just a thought. Anyway, if you have any of these breeds, I will trade 3 eggs for your 3 eggs per breed! Looking for better quality birds, so not really interested in hatchery bird stock, though, please. Have a fun color project? Let me know!

Pictures:
Lil' Joe
65263_june_22_2011_1.jpg

Eva
65263_6-19-2011_3.jpg

Joe and gals Eva and Zsa Zsa
65263_6-5-2011_10.jpg

Esmeralda
65263_6-19-2011_13.jpg

Alaska (doing the mama thing last winter)
65263_first_splash_out.jpg

Quote:
On the 30th in Kennebunk municipal parking lot from 8 am - 12 I'll be at the farmers market as we have been invited down to share how we raise birds and a poultry care clinic at 10am. Its going to be a neat day(as usual!) we have had a lot of fun at this event for several years. Please feel free to stop by.

Is there any way to find out who is bringing what to the August 13 chickenswap at TSC in Oxford? i found the silkies and am in the process of getting the mille fleur's when they are ready (thanks Kellie) but still have not had ANY luck finding partridge plymouth rocks? There MUST be someone in ME that has them! Please send me a message and let me know:) i'll be there and have a couple black tailed buff old english bantams and a few baby roo's. Can't wait to meet everyone:)

Thanks so much:)
Jennifer
[email protected]

Quote:
i can guess you are looking for LF faverolles and not bantams? i don't know of anyone in ME with good quality LF favs but i could be wrong about that. i know someone down in MA that has very good LF favs! she travels on occasion to her camp in ME. you might be able to connect with her to see about some eggs if she is traveling up that direction during that time. she goes by the name of Keesmom and she would be on the MA Chickenstock Fiesta thread.

i keep bantams but right now i don't have any breeding pens set up to get fertile eggs. the girls are taking their summer break from the rowdy boys!
tongue.png

Quote:
closer to the time of the swap, a thread is usually started where people will post what they are bringing. you are welcome to start this thread if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom