Maine

I'm not Coop Chick, but the first D = Dear.  The following letters stand for Dad, Dtr, Son, Husband, etc.  Somewhere there is a list of abbreviations specifically related to chickens.  It goes on forever!  And then you'll see a lot of made up ones!

Dear! I wouldn't have Ever thought that. Thats kind of strange lol Thanks for the breakdown.

Cooped in early tonight. It takes me an hour each bird to wash and dry. I entered seven birds. :/ There are quite a few entries and I will say it one more time: free to come, at Windsor Fair Grounds and there are a lot of entries.
I so wish I was there ! We have a couple of folks over there from Nova Scotia... If you see a fellow by the name of James Brimicombe, say hi ! He's from NS :)

I so wish I was there ! We have a couple of folks over there from Nova Scotia... If you see a fellow by the name of James Brimicombe, say hi ! He's from NS
smile.png

Well, we don't usually wear name tags when we walk around but if he's showing I can find him. I will be clerking [I think] and will have the breeders list so I can ask about. I think the goat sow is also finishing today but can't be sure. There's food and an auction tomorrow as well but it would be nice to have folks come and see the many junior exhibitors do their thing and then us older folks. There are quite a few birds from many states and really, its about the closest really good show you'll get. The fairs don't count. Sorry, but they don't.

What a beautiful day it turned out to be. Planted flowers at the cemeteries, bought some supplies for the fence I am building, looked at some cars (love that dealerships are closed on Sundays) and finally got in the first trail ride of the season. Not a long one but it was so nice to get out and ride. Even Stefnir seemed to enjoy himself. No hesitation on the trails and he was eager to trot and canter a bit.
smile.png

Sad news though. My Sebastopol gander disappeared along with a turkey. No signs of foul play. No pile of feathers. No blood. Just gone.

NCR although it is a bit farm related. I need some new jeans but I can not find any decent ones. The ones I have seen are paper thin, have small pockets and are way too frilly. I need some that are made for people who actually work in them. Working with dirty, dusty, oily and heavy car parts call for quality made jeans. And working around the homestead too. I have some from LL Bean right now that are starting to wear out after several years. I might end up getting some from there again but thought I would check to see what others wear. The ones from Duluth Trading Company look good but I have never ordered from there. TSC had great ones for men but crap ones for women.

I would love to own some work pants or jeans from Duluth. They don't make a small enough size for me. I bought some firehose pants that they sell, and liked the fabric so much that I was tempted to take them to a seamstress and have them remade in my size, but I sent them back.

Widgett: Can you buy men's pants that would fit you... perhaps with just a bit of adjustment? Don't get me going about the inequality regarding men's vs. women's clothing... and all of the tools that are sized for men's hands/bodies. Or the fact that women pay much more for the same item of clothing which takes less material to make, and is made of poorer quality material. And, for sure, let's not talk about the overpriced women's hair cuts... and the list goes on.... But, I'm done now!!

Q.T. anything happening yet???

Widgett: Can you buy men's pants that would fit you... perhaps with just a bit of adjustment? Don't get me going about the inequality regarding men's vs. women's clothing... and all of the tools that are sized for men's hands/bodies. Or the fact that women pay much more for the same item of clothing which takes less material to make, and is made of poorer quality material. And, for sure, let's not talk about the overpriced women's hair cuts... and the list goes on.... But, I'm done now!!

Q.T. anything happening yet???

I might be able to but I would need an inseam of 29 or 30.
Work boots are as annoying to find. I do not need them for my current job but I have learned to just buy mens and avoid the frustration. I am so a function over fashion person. Also I have never understood why so many women have a closet full of shoes. And as many outfits to match, The best I can do is try to wear clothes that do not attract all the dog hair in the house. Usually that is a futile effort though.

Back
Top Bottom