Maine

Just wanted to let you guys know that my farm sells jams and jellys peaches, Nigerian dwarf goat kids, raw goat milk, and all kind of poultry and we ship some poultry and all James and jellys

Just wanted to let you guys know that my farm sells jams and jellys peaches, Nigerian dwarf goat kids, raw goat milk, and all kind of poultry and we ship some poultry and all James and jellys
welcome-byc.gif

Always happy to see another Mainer join the group.

Sounds like everybody is busy this holiday weekend. I'm fighting a cold/stomach flu, working on getting the garden in today because I have to work the next 5 days. Got the garden fenced in with deer fencing yesterday. Of course there's no gate yet, so I'm doing the "high step" to get in/out. But it's nice to be able to plant something without the girls coming along behind me to see what those seeds and plants taste like.

The plastic on my hoop green house is breaking down, but still has some life left in it, so this morning, I took the scissors to it, and cut a pull up vent on both sides that runs the whole length and opens from 3 to 5.5 feet high. That should provide a nice micro climate for tomatoes and peppers.

Sounds like everybody is busy this holiday weekend. I'm fighting a cold/stomach flu, working on getting the garden in today because I have to work the next 5 days. Got the garden fenced in with deer fencing yesterday. Of course there's no gate yet, so I'm doing the "high step" to get in/out. But it's nice to be able to plant something without the girls coming along behind me to see what those seeds and plants taste like.

The plastic on my hoop green house is breaking down, but still has some life left in it, so this morning, I took the scissors to it, and cut a pull up vent on both sides that runs the whole length and opens from 3 to 5.5 feet high. That should provide a nice micro climate for tomatoes and peppers.

My garden is still bare except for the weeds that have started to take over. Too many other progjects that are taking priority. Perhaps next weekend I will plant a few things.

Hi, I'm from Hope, ME. Been lurking here a long time, so decided to finally say hello. I don't have my own flock, but the neighbors' eleven hens spend their days in my yard, so I get to have all the fun! Since introduced to these girls, I have become crazy about chickens, and especially like reading this thread to learn specifics about raising poultry in Maine. One day, when the neighbor hens are gone, I hope to get my own flock. Until then, I hope you don't mind if I sign on to learn from you all. Thanks!

Chicken neighbor I have owned chickens my WHOLE life! If you have any question private message and I wi be glad to answer any questions that you have!

Back
Top Bottom