Maine

Kind of a longshot but I have a very sweet easter egger cockerel in need of rehome. Surprisingly gets along well with my huge liege fighter rooster (at least for now), he has a gentle and submissive personality and he is good with the hens, whenever I give them treats he makes sure the hens get them first. He is used to being handled and not aggressive with people at all. I just have too many roosters and not enough hens, and the crowing is kind of pushing it with my neighbors! I'm really hoping not to have to kill him.

He is the light colored one on the right in the pictures and dustbathing, he has some really gorgeous colors.
Hope you find a good home for him! Unfortunately, I already got this year's rooster, who is an EE mix, so I can't take another right now. Have you tried Craigslist yet? I rehomed one of my extra cockerels on there earlier this year. Here's an article if you'd like to check it out: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/how-to-post-on-craigslist.76257/

@Sapphire Sebright - if you don't mind, where are you located?
... Maine?
Southern half of Maine, specifically (well, somewhat specifically).
Why do you ask?

I can't take any chickens at this moment in time, unfortunately -- I've started taking college classes, so I don't have any time to work on integrating new adult birds.

Back
Top Bottom