Maine

I picked up my new chickens today bought at the eastern poultry congresss, what beauties!! a standard black wyandotte rooster and a black silkie pullet. the pullet was a surprise. I had someone looking for birds for me and the breeder had some pretty pricey silkies, but the next day she brought in a few more, and when I went to get my wyandotte, my friend said I knew you would want this one- I'm so tickled!!! love my chicken friends!!!

Hi All, I am located in Temple, Maine and I have alot of Show and breeder Quality silkies for sale if anyone is interested. Prices range $15. & up. Cash only. Send me a PM or email.

This place is not to far from you and runs a program where you can get free birds if you raise some breeding stock for them:

http://www.shadyhollowfarm.com/specials.html
That's an interesting link. I wish I wanted gamebirds, - it looks like the standard layers are pretty limited, but still, a great idea! It would be hard, though, to get attached to your flock, and then watch someone pick out the 30% that they wanted!

I miss being able to link from posts directly to BYC member's pages. Maybe no one else cares, but for those of you that have a page and would like to add a link (you can see under my avatar it says "MyCoop"), first, find your page and copy the URL. Then go to your profile, select edit community profile, scroll down and paste the URL into the space that says "My Coop", and from then on, you will see the link under your avatar

I had someone that was to pick up 2 dozen hatching eggs, missed them on saturday (her phone issue not mine) and then tonight, I called to remind her, and she never showed up.
now I have to decide, do I hatch these or eat them. next time I think they will have to be paid for ahead of time.
what to do???? I wanted to wait and use my new birds that I just got at the show for my next hatch but I may just pop these in the incubator for spring swaps.

Hatch hoppy you know you wanna
caf.gif

I'm thinking I just might. although I have a bunch of babies that I hatched just about christmas time, of course I'll need more for spring. hmmmm, thinking, i must not, thinking must- where is that devil angel smiley???

Not really anything to do with chickens but by chance does anyone on here know anyone that raises pygmy goats , I'm looking for a buck . Thanks ~~~ Tammy

Back
Top Bottom