Maine

do you mean silver laced? I might have some by accident from a project I'm working on. the blr that I'm purchasing are the same bloodlines I have. the larger group going in to buy, the better the price will be but it won't be hatchery price as these are much better quality then that. just give me an idea of how many straight run you want. and if anyone else wants any quality blr, just pm and we can work on getting a better price as a group.

Last edited:
price will depend on how many chicks I have shipped, the more chicks, the lower the price because shipping is not cheap. once I get a total number from everyone, then I can start figuring a price but I will let you know.

coldweatherbirds
gig.gif
~~~~ Broody ~~~~ I have hens here that would sit on a rock and insist it will hatch for months ~~~ nature of a broody hen

price will depend on how many chicks I have shipped, the more chicks, the lower the price because shipping is not cheap. once I get a total number from everyone, then I can start figuring a price but I will let you know.

There's no way to sex this breed of chicks? I'd love to add one to my little flock but can't have a rooster. I checked out pics of yours Hoppy and they really are a nice looking breed.

How's everybodys critters holding up with this cold weather? I went out to the coop yesterday and let chickens out into the run, it wasn't super cold. I got 4 eggs (would have been 5 but 1 was broken). I went out this morning and figured I would open the pop door, give them the choice of coming out or staying in. Went around and collected 9 eggs out of the boxes and walked back around to find most of them had come out to the run. It was about 3 degrees out there. I tossed them some cracked corn and let them do their thing. They didn't seem too bothered by the cold. I been watching them all day going in the coop to warm up and coming back out shortly after.

It was negative 10 out this morning when I opened the pop door. The girls were more than happy to come out and they've been in and out all day. I am surprised they're still not roosting, but they love being outside. I had 3 frozen eggs today, despite going out multiple times to collect.

Whew, I'm back from a semi-disappearance. I've been nannying and babysitting like there's no tomorrow. Good for money, bad for free time. I see we're talking cold weather and... exploding chicken poop? I'm glad to hear that your chickens seem to be doing well with this weather! Are your coops insulated? I don't plan on insulating mine, since I'd been told that chickens are fine in this sort of weather, but I'd be interested to hear what you guys have.

I'm thinking of signing up for horseback riding lessons. I'm getting more and more interested in all things rural!

Back
Top Bottom