Maine

Hi, what kinds of chickens do you have to sell, I am looking for about 5 that could lay by june?

hi. i currently dont have any for sale right now. i have my flock of 22 layers for my egg selling. i just had 3 chicks hatch last week from my broody hen dont know the sex yet hope to atch more chicks this year so if i have any to sell it would be later this fall and they wouldnt start laying until november or december. there is usually good layers at the augusta swap.

not sure what olive eggers are ,are they good layers?and pleasent? I am looking to buy in about 2 weeks,as we head to Dear Isle ,

Olive eggers are chickens that lay an olive colored egg. They're usually a cross of a dark layer (marans) and an easter egger (green or blue). The dark brown darkens up the green and turns it into a nice olive shade. The generally lay about 5 eggs a week and they're pleasant or not depending on how they're raised. Mine are friendly but not snuggly.

thumbsup.gif

my cochins hatched 2 days late (well one was 3 days late) mostly blues, 1 black and a few splash. welsummers due next week that I got from a bycer and more paints, and wyandottes this weekend. I ended up buying some sizzle eggs. I know, i said i was done hatching but couldn't resist and since i have turkey eggs incubating, I only need an extra week before these are hatched so off will go the incubator (and I really mean it this time)

Well, I have had 2 silver colored and 1 black colored Marans hatch, but one of the silver ones died. At least I am getting something.

thumbsup.gif

my cochins hatched 2 days late (well one was 3 days late) mostly blues, 1 black and a few splash. welsummers due next week that I got from a bycer and more paints, and wyandottes this weekend. I ended up buying some sizzle eggs. I know, i said i was done hatching but couldn't resist and since i have turkey eggs incubating, I only need an extra week before these are hatched so off will go the incubator (and I really mean it this time)
The grand total from the 13 Orpington and 14 Marans eggs is .... 3 Marans chicks. I did eggtopsies on the few others that made it to lockdown and they were all formed. Some just stopped and there was a lot of yolk in the shell still, and one of the 2 Orp eggs that went to lockdown had a pretty bad cross beak. A lot of the chicks seemed to have piped on the wrong end. Hoppy, why did you have to say Welsummers ?! No I have to start begging the Hubby to let me get some of those.

Hi all,

I am planning on picking up some Turkeys chicks from PollyC/ Hattie this weekend. SCG I can pick up some for you too if you want them. I am in Monmouth.

Hoppy I am working in the goose egg shells for you, I broke two, well I actually cracked them trying to pick the ends off so i could empty them. I was finally successful in saving you one this morning after I got out the power tools, LOL! I found the smallest drill bit I had and turned up the speed. Presto! I will bring you that one Saturday If I can get it there in one piece, LOL.
I am hoping my goose will start sitting soon, she has nine eggs now.

I think in another week I will have some ducklings, not sure what as i have Muscovies and Khaki Campbells running around together. Mulards will go to freezer camp, but I am not sue how soon i will be able to tell who is purebred and who is not.
My turkey hen will not give up on the one egg she is sitting on. I am thinking about stealing a couple of goose or ducks eggs to let her sit them, or could eeven throw some mutt chicken eggs under her. Decisions, decisions.....

On another note, I just spent two days at a conference for work, and while I was networking I met a man from the Bangor area that would like to be able to get fresh duck or quail eggs. Anyone in that are that can hook him up with them? I have his contact info.
Bwah, haha, Q. How to tell if you are a crazy bird lady? A. Turn the conversation from emergency preparedness for people with disabilities into a discussion on backyard poultry.
gig.gif

the crazy bird lady, you kill me!!
I can't wait to get the egg, I'm very excited, to try that one out. trying to kick my butt into gear and make some stained glass for the poultry show. thinking ducks and herding dogs,.
figure the dogs will appeal to some while the ducks will appeal to others and hopefully get more bids for the raffle.
On another note, I just spent two days at a conference for work, and while I was networking I met a man from the Bangor area that would like to be able to get fresh duck or quail eggs. Anyone in that are that can hook him up with them? I have his contact info.
Bwah, haha, Q. How to tell if you are a crazy bird lady? A. Turn the conversation from emergency preparedness for people with disabilities into a discussion on backyard poultry.
gig.gif

gig.gif

This is AWESOME! Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom