Maine

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chickenboy, Mar 16, 2007.

1. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    I wish you the best of luck in your job search. Have fun with the job shadow even if it's not a job promise... or did you already do it? I didn't check the date of your post.

2. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    Thank you. [​IMG]

The job shadow is tomorrow. It is a good sign that they want me to do this. I doubt they would ask if they weren't serious about offering me a job. The other job would be better for me financially so hopefully that will go great and it won't be thanks for coming in and we will be in touch. I don't want to turn down the first one hoping to get the second one. At the same time I don't want to accept the first one and then get the second one. So if all goes well I will do the job shadow and see if I can give them an answer Friday or better yet Monday.

3. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
  4. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    Wow. What is scary is that at $700 the reserve price isn't even met yet for one of the auctions I looked at. I cant imagine paying that much for three birds. Maybe if they had a round the clock staff and lived in a coop that was more secure than Fort Knox. And I had a few billion extra dollars gathering dust.

5. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    much easier to breed them yourself them pay those prices.

6. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    And add shipping to the $700.00......[​IMG]

Did you see the Partridge Brahmas that Omelet Ranch is selling? Wow!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  7. buckabucka

buckabucka Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Not looking forward to chicken chores this morning!

8. Mainechick168

Mainechick168 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    Maine
    holy moly, it's cold! about 3 degrees out right now. I had quite the time dealing with the water though- had to knock the ice out with a hammer.I think tomorrow is supposed to be a lot warmer! ( 30 degrees is warm, right??)

9. Clover Run

Clover Run Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Central Maine
    The bid is at $700 -reserve has not been met yet. I am now very curious as to what the reserve actually is. That is pretty amazing. I would love to see them in person to se what the fuss is all about. I understand it takes years to get them like that but wow - that would be an investment needing insurance.

10. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    It was -8 here this morning when I first let everyone out. It's now warmed up to -3. Remember how I was so worried about my showgirl surviving the winter?

Well... the only chicken that's out of the coop right now is the showgirl. Pecking away at a snow pile.

I'm so pleased that she's such a trooper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by