Maine

olive eggers are a cross of a dark brown layer(in this case marans) and a blue egg layer(in this case ameraucana). There are quite a few threads on here about them..
eta- oh, and they usually lay an olive green egg(the hens of course)

Last edited:
If you find that these events are to far away...you can always have your own. Its sorta like that baseball field that was in a movie....if you make a field, "they will come". Perhaps not the first one, or the second, but word of mouth will get out.

well we do have a tsc in bangor but they never have anything going on there same with blueseal but blueseal doesent really have the area for a swap but tsc does have a good sized parking lot it would be nice to see something going on there on a weekend even if it was only something every 2 or 3 months its just a idea i thought id put out for someone to take it and run with

Quote:
You should go to that TSC and talk with a manager, maybe you can get something rolling. Even if you don't have time to spend all day at a swap maybe the store just needs the idea and can do the rest.

8 am until noon is ample time. Everyone that is looking for stuff is there before our vehicles are unloaded! We used to do until 2, and are doing one that will last until 2 only because it was requested. I don't sell birds as a general rule, so I hang around and chat.
It does not have to cost, have TSC make photo copies for you and I bet they will be more then glad to have you, the reputations that "we" have are very positive. Give it a try, the first one post signs up, paper ones and at TSC, farmers go there, that is who you are attracting.

Skowhegan is really close here, - I can run to the town border. I'd like to check out the swap this weekend, but it is DH's birthday, so not sure I will make it. Not to mention that I am afraid I may come home with more chicks, which I really don't need right now!
I have some olive-egger roosters I'm going to need to get rid of soon, but don't feel totally confident that I can sex them all yet. They are 5 weeks old now. Perhaps we will grow them out for dinner.

So this was morning 3 with the hens I picked up this weekend and no eggs yet. I'm hoping that there is at least 1 egg tomorrow morning. Any ideas what's going on?

Back
Top Bottom