Maine

They were all squawking up a storm yesterday. The one Araucana, she is stupid as heck. She decided she'd spend the night outside in a pine tree last night, halfway up the 40 foot tree. We put some wooden eggs in the nesting boxes. It's more like one long nest with no dividers so today I'm going to cut and fit some paneling for dividers. Not sure if it will help but it surely couldn't hurt anything.

Woohoo Wilton will start having their swaps the first sunday of the month . Yeaaaa!!!
July 3rd
August 7th
September 4th I think that will be it unless we have a warm october . ~~Tammy

Yes it is . I'm very excited , less money in gas traveling more money for grain . I live much closer to wilton then any other swap and I know many others it will help also . ~~~~ Tammy

Hello! I just joined the group today. I found out about the site from a very nice couple at the ChickenStock in Lewiston! Thanks to the two chickenstocks we now have a much bigger variety of ducks and chickens. I'm hoping to find another event soon!

Does any one have Runner ducks for sale?

welcome-byc.gif

I have Indian runners but they are still youngsters. If all goes well I may have some available next year.

There will be a swap at the Scarborough TSC on July 16th. Great for anyone in this neck of the woods. Unfortunately I don't think I will have anything available to sell. But I'm sure I can find something to buy.

Nancy & Dave.....Ryan & I
lol.png

Went to the Skowhegan TSC Swap today. Nice turnout of sellers and a few buyers.

What we observed is that most shoppers were looking for Standard Sized Laying Hens

They want INSTANT EGGS
lol.png

If this trend continues, folks with standard sized breeds with be incubating in JANUARY for birds to sell in June!!!
tongue.png

Quote:
Y'all can join us for Mahonri's Annual New Years Day Hatch. I did it this year and had no problems sticking the 6 week olds in the coop in February. And my birds sold lightening fast at the first swap.

I will absolutely be hatching early in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom