Maine

I have two EE pullets about 7-8 weeks old now I think. Where are you located? I have some other breeds too if you were interested, buff orps, silver laced wyandottes, red sexlinks, and a black sexlink. All about the same age.
im located in canaan how much are you looking for the two pullets? I also have two buff roos if you want to trade ;-)

I cloche mine, too. Remay (sp?) is great but not always affordable. In years past, I would even tarp the whole garden the last few hours of daylight and uncover in the morning. It was fine.

More fluffy faces. More more!

I believe we have our first RO chick bred and hatched here out and all fluffy.... chicken dance.

OH, more more more babies!

yay!!
love.gif

Pretty sure I lost one of my girls today looked all over the yard and she is nowhere to be found. I think maybe a predator snatched her. Im pretty sad this was our first batch of chickens and only two months in we lost one... I think free ranging might not be a possibility here any suggestions on a cheap chicken run? Now down to 3 roos and 2 hens

Pretty sure I lost one of my girls today looked all over the yard and she is nowhere to be found. I think maybe a predator snatched her. Im pretty sad this was our first batch of chickens and only two months in we lost one... I think free ranging might not be a possibility here any suggestions on a cheap chicken run? Now down to 3 roos and 2 hens 

:(. So sorry to hear about your bird.
It's hard to make a really secure chicken run without expense. Maybe electric netting? Hawks would still be an issue though.

That's awful about your hen.
sad.png
We just happened to find a used 6X6 dog kennel on CL, last summer. My husband cut a hole in it for the chicken door and during the summer and fall months, I fastened a tarp across the top. It gave them shade and hid them from the aerial predators.

Sorry to hear this justinelee!!
sad.png
Cheap chicken run suggestion--wooden pallets stood on end, covered in hardware cloth. Hopefully you can find some free pallets. The hardware cloth will be kinda expensive but worth it.

I do not live in Maine, I live in Kentucky. But it has long been a dream of mine to re-locate. This spring I just about packed my bags to move to the Lewiston/Auburn area. Which is where I plan to go if opportunity ever arises. But due to fear that I would have trouble finding work and a place to stay I backed out. I would like to possibly attend a show in Maine as early as the fall if my schedule permits.

Back
Top Bottom