Maine

OK...fingers crossed. I've got my 2 BOs, 1 Americana and 1 of the bossy BRs in the coop together, tonight. I'm only worried about the BR and the BOs, but didn't hear any commotion in the coop after I closed the door and it began to get dark.
fl.gif

OK...fingers crossed. I've got my 2 BOs, 1 Americana and 1 of the bossy BRs in the coop together, tonight. I'm only worried about the BR and the BOs, but didn't hear any commotion in the coop after I closed the door and it began to get dark.
fl.gif
Just be sure to go out first thing in the morning or cover up Windows so they don't see the sun in the morning. That way they're groggy when you let them out.

I too got to chase turkeys and chickens out of the perennial garden. They have had fun killing my sunflower seedlings and making craters near my new perennials! ack! The turkeys then "helped" me as I pulled weeds from the brick walk. and by helped I mean they grabbed the weeds out of my hands as I pulled them! silly beasts!

I have one duck who can't seem to figure out that he needs to go on the left side of the gate to get back into the pen. Every night all the others go right in and this one duck veers right and tries to go through the fence. Then he complains that he can't get back to his friends.

Just be sure to go out first thing in the morning or cover up Windows so they don't see the sun in the morning. That way they're groggy when you let them out.
Thanks for the tip! I did get out as early as I could and let them out. No blood and no one came flying out as fast as they could. But then, the bossy BR was back to chasing the smaller BOs. So she's back with her BR buddy in the tractor. We'll try again, tonight.
smile.png

Thanks for the tip! I did get out as early as I could and let them out. No blood and no one came flying out as fast as they could. But then, the bossy BR was back to chasing the smaller BOs. So she's back with her BR buddy in the tractor. We'll try again, tonight.
smile.png
my thought is if you survived the first 24hrs, you're good to go. I just removed my roo from the flock and threw in two new girls. So far so good. The new flock consists of: 1 buff orp, 1 ee/orp, 1 silkie mix, 1 2nd generation black sl, 1 red sl and 1 white rock.

Anybody interested in a black Cochin Roo or a black and white EE Roo? Both are 10 weeks old. I can't keep both of them and I am not ready to process my own chickens for meat.

Back
Top Bottom