Maine

Just had to share my excitement! My in laws are visiting and were here to witness the attack the other night. They called me into the kitchen today to show me something. My FIL put a light in the coop with a nice heavy duty extension cord... AND A REMOTE!!! i. can turn the light on and off from my nice warm house
What a nice present. Be careful or next year he just might install a hot tub for them. :)

Just had to share my excitement! My in laws are visiting and were here to witness the attack the other night. They called me into the kitchen today to show me something. My FIL put a light in the coop with a nice heavy duty extension cord... AND A REMOTE!!! i. can turn the light on and off from my nice warm house

What a wonderful gift So thoughtful and I'm sure you were pretty darn excited.

I have to admit the idea of traveling over an hour to hang with people I don't know while trying to keep the baby from being annoying as I and others are trying to learn is making me anxious. I am going to try this but I am so tired today. I don't expect to be very much fun. Baby has had me up so much the past two nights. (She's is getting two teeth at the same time) So who is hosting me on my way home so I can nap?? :)
I reminded bf that the only thing I really want for a gift is a bator... well, and a ticket to some place warm and beachy, but that isn't happening.
Working on getting my house ready for all this hatching and brooding. Its amazing how many people are already asking me for birds for spring and a fall slaughter. Given how bf is totally about the money with them this might be the thing to get him invested. Either way the Russian Orloffs stay. I am expecting to hatch from them as well as bring in more eggs and maybe a few started birds to really bump up my numbers here. If all goes well with that and then testing I plan to register with a conservancy. As much as they need work they really are my bird of choice.

Anyone know who sells brahmas in maine? Blue laced red wyandottes?

My fiancee wants new chickens and is thinking about getting them from a hatchery. I want them from craigslist or someone around us.

Anyways let me know guys, Thanks :)

One of my eggs' air pocket moved to the side of the egg. 7 days in incubater, anyone else have this problem?

Ash - I will be baby friendly! I haven't met anyone on here yet and I'm nervous too.

Now at the same time there will be other bird crazed people who understand our addiction!

I'll be sure to look for you.

Irene

I am going for sure. I will be wearing a purple shirt, and if I have on my coat, it's light green, white and black.
come in the side door by the parking lot, you will pass through a small entry, take the door on the left, usually it's closed just to keep the heat in.
I will be there usually about 12:30
Quote:
Hey Hoppy, will you still be going to the meeting tomorrow?
I plan on making the trip.

I am going for sure. I will be wearing a purple shirt, and if I have on my coat, it's light green, white and black.
come in the side door by the parking lot, you will pass through a small entry, take the door on the left, usually it's closed just to keep the heat in.
I will be there usually about 12:30
Quote:

I wish I could make it and meet you all. I am going to have to miss one more month, just too much to do here to get ready for some snow. I hope everyone makes it in January,
Good news is I managed to get boots on and am doing the AM chores now, and stripped half the barn yesterday and got down a new base of pellets, shavings and hay in that section.
Today i really have to bake and make presents.
Have a good time all!

Julie

I have blue laced red wyandottes but my numbers are really down on those. I will be getting hatching eggs in feb from my original birds to bring up my numbers. I'd avoid the hatchery route unless you really are wanting blue laced GOLD, instead of red (mahogany red).
how are you incubating your eggs? if the airpocket is on the side, it may have come detatched.
if you are rolling them on the side, couple of things to try- 1) don't worry about it and let it go, when the draw down comes, the chick may still be in the airpocket to hatch because that area will get larger. 2) set the egg upright to incubate and tip it side to side (like the cabinet incubators do) or 3) don't have it roll on the side quite as far, roll them an odd number of times/day so your air cell doesn't always end up on the top (this is just general good practice anyway if hand turning them)

Anyone know who sells brahmas in maine? Blue laced red wyandottes?

My fiancee wants new chickens and is thinking about getting them from a hatchery. I want them from craigslist or someone around us.

Anyways let me know guys, Thanks :)

One of my eggs' air pocket moved to the side of the egg. 7 days in incubater, anyone else have this problem?

we'll miss you today Julie but I'm holding you to next month (unless it snows and then i won't be there either)
I wish I could make it and meet you all. I am going to have to miss one more month, just too much to do here to get ready for some snow. I hope everyone makes it in January,
Good news is I managed to get boots on and am doing the AM chores now, and stripped half the barn yesterday and got down a new base of pellets, shavings and hay in that section.
Today i really have to bake and make presents.
Have a good time all!

Julie

Back
Top Bottom