Maine

Today is the first day since Sunday that I haven't lost a chicken. I wish the predator would show itself so I could get rid of it. I think the number of chickens it/they have gotten is up to 7.

hi card5640, i am in glenburn maine and am having a heck of a time finding orpingtons. do you happen to know anyone in this area that has chicks? thanks so much, julie

you might want to go to the poultry show May 26th (sunday) at the windsor fairgrounds. there may be some there or the augusta swap generally have a large amount of poultry on may 25 (saturday)

hi card5640, i am in glenburn maine and am having a heck of a time finding orpingtons. do you happen to know anyone in this area that has chicks? thanks so much, julie

What a bummer! That man didn't have any?
hu.gif

This is a copy and paste from Als Quackery:

Just a heads up, there are some poultry diseases spreading in NH and their swaps have been shut down. Here is a link to their page http://chickenswapsofnh.com/
I also have contact info if anyone wants to know more details.
I am simply advising people to stay bio-secure with their flocks and try to stay clean and safe. I know there are many NH residents who attend our swaps and I just want to help prevent anything from being spread around here and our swaps.

Coopchick, your dark roo looks, in the picture, like he might be a dark blue. His feathers look laced with a darker color and I see a stray light grey feather. I have a blue laced mixed hen who is the product of a blue laced red Wyandotte roo over a black Cochin hen, so mixes can be blue if the "blue "dilution gene is carried by one of the parents.

Thanks longgrove...very interesting! I'm pretty sure it's a hen. I noticed today when she was in the sun, she has a green sheen to her feathers and some white or grey feathers near her neck.
Today is bittersweet....moving the hens into they're coop. *sniff sniff tear*

I felt that way when my chicks went from the computer room to the garage. It was so quiet...no little cheeps from the next room.

The swap at the Wilton tractor supply today there is a person who has some orpington roosters for sale for 5 bucks....if you don't want roosters perhaps he would know where to get fertile eggs or chicks? Just a thought

Back
Top Bottom