Maine

Quote:
Oh my gosh! I just called them this afternoon, and said I'd be by later in the week!
big_smile.png
How funny!

Now I've just got to convince Mr. Trotsky to hurry up and finish the coop already . . .

(And thanks for the tip - it's good to know they're reliable people. They certainly sounded very nice on the phone.)

I got Australorps and white rocks there years ago. They seemed nice and everything was clean. Good luck! Where in Maine are you? Any idea where I can get riding lessons for a 6-yo boy in the West Gardiner area? He is interested in Western style, especially pole bending, LoL.

Gorgeous day today! Time for some gardening and barn chores. I am a nervous mama today! I have 27 eggs in the incubator due tommorow and a bunny due any day, and sicne the babies will need the brooder, I had to move my "toddlers" into the big coop....scary! they are ranging from 5-8 weeks old ....Need to so some stuff to keep my mind off of worrying!

Quote:
LOL, indeed! Seems like little boys always want to do Western-type things, while little girls just want to go fast and jump over stuff. It must be some kind of Cosmic Law of Nature or something.

I don't ride Western at all, but I did a search on lesson barns in your area, and a couple do have Western trainers on board: http://www.newhorse.com/page/ridinglessons/b.511.g.6014.html None of these look familiar to me (I'm about an hour N/W of you) but you could always check out their websites, and then go watch a lesson or two before you commit. Some of them look quite nice.

Any idea where I can get riding lessons for a 6-yo boy in the West Gardiner area? He is interested in Western style, especially pole bending, LoL.

Try Jackie at Friendship stables in Augusta. They do a lot of lessons up there, and if she can't do that I'm sure she'll know someone that does.

I'll be going this weekend, trying to sell some 8 week old chicks and some extra roosters.

I also have baby turkens (olive or brown eggers) and regular feathered baby olive eggers but I don't believe I'll be bringing them as they have to be sold in lots of 6 and I'm nervous about removing them from their mom and then trying to keep them warm at the swap, then potentially re-introducing them to Mom if they don't sell. Sounds traumatic. If anyone wants baby turkens (will lay brown or olive eggs depending on cross) or baby olive eggers, let me know. I'm very near Augusta if anyone wants to get them here.

Back
Top Bottom