Maine

Quote:
This is great to hear from these swaps. Regardless to who you spoke with, bought from, its great to know that the events have made a difference. Don't forget the August 13 (sat) event in Oxford (8 am - 2 pm).

Yep, got a little hail here as well. Gardens look ok. I had to put up a fence around the garden to keep the chickens out.
Poor Peggy with the broken leg, she wasn't getting any better so we put her to rest tonight. At least she won't be in pain
anymore. As for the 4 I got a week ago, still no eggs. I would have thought that they would produce eggs for us by now after a week.

Do you have them in a coop or free rangeing ? The reason I ask is you may have eggs around your yard if they are free rangeing -- Just because you give them a nesting box for eggs to be laid in doesn't mean they are going to use them . I would pen them in for awhile get them used to laying their eggs in a certain place before I let them range if that is how it has been . If they are closed in just keep sweet talking them -- you'll get your eggs . ~~~~ Tammy

Anyone know the laws of shooting vermin in your yard? We found a skunk wandering the yard off and on throughout the day!! When it got close to the chicken pen and the dogs weren't scaring it away we shot it. I am wondering about testing for rabies? But don't want to get in trouble for firing a gun(pellet only) in town. Kennebunk to be specific. Anyone know good law sights??

Quote:
id call your local animal control officer and tell them about it see what they have to say because skunks dont hang around durring the daytime and if your dogs didnt scare it something isent right with itbesides a pellet gun is about the only kind of gun you can shoot inside city limits so i wouldnt worry about that much and you can always say that you were protecting your chickens from it

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Where in Maine?

I live in Auburn

Quote:
I have a batch of blue splash/ silver runners due to hatch the 24th and still have some eggs that are unclaimed
smile.png

Oh cute babies!! Looks like you about two hours away though
sad.png

Quote:
This is great to hear from these swaps. Regardless to who you spoke with, bought from, its great to know that the events have made a difference. Don't forget the August 13 (sat) event in Oxford (8 am - 2 pm).

Only bad thing is that my kids want a peacock now!! Well I wouldn't mind having one too but I'll blame it on my kids. There was a couple at the sale with peacock feathers. We started with Chickens three years ago, and we decided to get into ducks this year so we bought 4 mallard ducks from TSC and it was going well, till they flew away this week...
sad.png
luckaly last weekend we bought two Indian Runner ducks so my kids aren't completely heart broken about their ducks. I did atleast warn them about getting the mallards. Now we will stick to ones that wont hopefully fly away!!

Back
Top Bottom