Major attack - is this a bear?

The sad thing about wildlife services, is if the bear comes back, after they relocate him, then he is gonna get shot. But he has to go. We had a good size bear in our garbage and our whole neiborhoods garbage recently. He climed into our neighbors apple tree, and they have some great footage of him shaking the apples out of the tree, and him standing on his hind legs trying to get the apples! 😁 I love bears, just NOT in my backyard. Our bear hasn't come back, but if he does, I am afraid our community is gonna deal with him themselves. Good luck, Avery

The sad thing about wildlife services, is if the bear comes back, after they relocate him, then he is gonna get shot. But he has to go. We had a good size bear in our garbage and our whole neiborhoods garbage recently. He climed into our neighbors apple tree, and they have some great footage of him shaking the apples out of the tree, and him standing on his hind legs trying to get the apples! 😁 I love bears, just NOT in my backyard. Our bear hasn't come back, but if he does, I am afraid our community is gonna deal with him themselves. Good luck, Avery
I have a bear that gleans the grape arbor this time of year. I let him be in this respect. He stands up and picks like we do. I’d guess his weight at 375-400 lbs. As soon as I catch glimpse of him around my coop, my ‘let them be’ attitude will change drastically.

Spoke to wildlife for DEC - they said either shoot it (not really an option) or put up an electric fence and hope that it's not too determined. They didn't seem too bothered about it being near the house, though. Ordered an electric fence, hope that it arrives before it comes back to finish it off!

Fortunately no cats or dogs that would be at risk - one of our neighbours also has chickens but think theirs are okay so far. We'll definitely warn them, though!

Back
Top Bottom