Major attack - is this a bear?

Pics
I ordered the predator eyes as well,
Also confirmed it's a bear (or multiple). I followed the trail of feathers into the woods, found various parts of birds and eventually half a guinea. Then I stood in bear scat (cleverly wearing my slippers...). About five feet further in, I saw one or more bears - looked like a cub or two and a mother. Mystery solved! Decided the best move was to back out, as I didn't really want to stare them down. Now, what to do about them...
Could be a Lynx, except for this🔝. That seems pretty conclusive to me.

Your local wildlife department probably has bear traps and may be able to bring one out for you. They will usually relocate it for you, too. I am in Washington State and our wildlife department relocated a huge bear from our neighborhood because it started hanging out on someone's front porch. That is one hungry bear you've got there, I would be concerned.

You may have cougars without realizing it. But the black hair and the size of claw marks it has to be a bear.
We have cougars in WI, they have been spotted but the DNR always claims there aren't any until someone takes a picture of proof then the DNR says they are just walking through. But if you happen to get the right DNR person on your property and slyly mention something... they let it slip that the DNR themselves have released cougars into the area again.

That's what someone working in one of the US nat'l parks told me once too lol. Why the track would be as big as my hand! Well a. it was and b. they come in different ages and sizes dude! You work here! :lol:

Maybe, except for this⬇. That seems pretty conclusive to me. Plus the sizeof the claw marks, and the black hair. All the clues point to bear.

I ordered the predator eyes as well.

Also confirmed it's a bear (or multiple). I followed the trail of feathers into the woods, found various parts of birds and eventually half a guinea. Then I stood in bear scat (cleverly wearing my slippers...). About five feet further in, I saw one or more bears - looked like a cub or two and a mother. Mystery solved! Decided the best move was to back out, as I didn't really want to stare them down. Now, what to do about them...
looks like dog to me

Back
Top Bottom