Major Mortality rate what could be wrong with my flock? HELP PLEASE

I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. Prayers are being said for your sister and your family. I hope you can find out something soon about your birds. I will gladly send you some eggs to hatch whenever you get things straightened out. I feel that you have been very responsible in trying to get help for your birds. Thank you for keeping us posted in this stressful time in your life. Hugs to you. Judy

Melissa- if you find out they have a treatable illness, I will be happy to have an antibiotic shipped to you if that helps. Also- I hope you are able to see your sister soon
sad.png
My heart is heavy for all of the adversities you are facing right now. So sorry! I never know what the right thing is to say in these circumstances. Sometimes all you have to do is breathe, and let God do all the driving. Bless you.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

May I respectfully suggest reading the thread before diagnosing? The OP has lost many more birds as well as other livestock.

I'm sorry for the problems.

Just out of curiosity, do your birds drink the same water that you do or do you water them with irrigation water? Given that I don't trust people upstream from me not to put poison in the water and the fact that with all the drilling that's been going on around here, I wonder if the water's contaminated. I fill my birds' dishes with drinking water.

Mary

I still haven't heard from the vet If I don't hear by tomorrow at 4pm I will call the Vet who came out here.
My sister had surgery today, it was a large mass and near vital organs and they could not remove it. They gave her 6-9 months with out chemo or a year with chemo. However they said that the quality of life for the extra few months may not be worth it. We are not sure what her plans are next. I am hoping I can get off 4-5 days in october to go out to colorado and see her. Hopefully I will be able to go out to her over her birthday.
Anyway its not been a great day. Thanks for all your support I will let you all know tomorrow what I hear from the vet.
Thanks for all your support.
Melissa

I think I speak for dozens of folks on this forum when I tell you that you, your sister, and your entire family are in our thoughts and prayers.
You are not alone in your worry and grief.

Back
Top Bottom