Major Rat Infestation

Attachments

• RatBaitA.jpg
    RatBaitA.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 2
I've tried to help you but cant with your defeatist attitude. Good luck!
Well you aren't helping when I've told you the things I've done and you keep repeating those things back to me. I'm waiting for you to tell me to use metal cans. I've used them for 3 years and mentioned it here several times.

I've tried to help you but cant with your defeatist attitude. Good luck!
I want something NEW that works. So far everyone has mentioned things I have done. I've been fighting them since last spring. Since my neighbors across the street lost their 5 hens to a fox. The rats came here. As I've said before there is no one with 4 miles of me with chickens or any other live stock. Where would the rats go for a meal? I have secured my food, put out umpteen million different baits, plugged up holes used traps etc. NO luck. I'm going to birth control as soon as it's warm. I even put out motion detector light for night time. ETC.

I want something NEW that works. So far everyone has mentioned things I have done. I've been fighting them since last spring. Since my neighbors across the street lost their 5 hens to a fox. The rats came here. As I've said before there is no one with 4 miles of me with chickens or any other live stock. Where would the rats go for a meal? I have secured my food, put out umpteen million different baits, plugged up holes used traps etc. NO luck. I'm going to birth control as soon as it's warm. I even put out motion detector light for night time. ETC.
Then the final solution is to get rid of your chickens.

I don't know why the things aren't working for you. I have had great success with the Just One Bite bait. Maybe you should hire a professional exterminator. Maybe they have something that will work for you since everything else you have tried has failed. Good luck...

Are you having new rats arriving? Is any of the bait being eaten? I'd be frustrated too! How about ground squirrels? Most of us have had success with bait in bait stations, varying the bait as needed, so that's what we have successful experiences to share. Have you called an exterminator, and asked what they would do?
Mary

Are you having new rats arriving? Is any of the bait being eaten? I'd be frustrated too! How about ground squirrels? Most of us have had success with bait in bait stations, varying the bait as needed, so that's what we have successful experiences to share. Have you called an exterminator, and asked what they would do?
Mary
I live back of the beyond probably the closest exterminator is 50 to 100 miles away. I don't need new rats all I need is one male and one female. Do you know how many rats they produce in a year. Did you know rats can mate at 3 months old. I've mentioned that too. There is a great video from England where some farmers are using terriers to catch rats. They move hay bales and you'd be floored with the number of rats that come out. They move a small building and it was teeming with rats. One gentleman caught 19 rats in a trap. in one night. One of the big problems here is the rats have no where to go. As I've said repeatedly no one else has any live stock or chickens nearby.

I had a coop that was infested. When I started renovating it dozens of rats of all sizes poured out. There were several nests in the walls and the ceiling that I took out. The rats chewed through a stud to get over to the adjoining section of the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_20180214_123653.jpg
    IMG_20180214_123653.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210203_161032.jpg
    20210203_161032.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom