Major update, it looks like a coop now! (Updated 6-18)

Thanks.. Once all the metal roofing is on, the run is fenced with hardware cloth, and the cedar shake siding is on and painted it should be pretty sweet.

Right now my main venting will be two windows built to fit the roof truss on the run side. These will piano-hinge in the center on that 2x4 stud and latch to the 2x4 stud on the next truss inside the run. The opening will have hardware cloth as well.

The secondary venting will be a ridge vent based on the metal roofing ridge design combined with open soffet venting. The soffet's will have four flap doors from the inside of the coop that can be shut and block off most to all of the airflow from the eves.

Then I am debating on what to place in the back side of the coop in the truss area. I have it walled in for now, but can add something in there. I am thinking about a narrow and wide window with maybe 6" x 6" "window panes" and about 36" wide. This would hinge open to vent as well. I could add a standard window on the wall inside the run as well, but I think my plan will allow for enough venting as it is.

The coop is close enough to run a heat lamp to if need be, but I want to avoid that. I am loooking at a solar powderd "shed" light for the winter time. I am not sure if it will last long enough, but they are pretty cheap at Harbor Freight.

Back
Top Bottom