Makeup talk (if a dude trolls this, it could get AWKWARD)

I think the best advice on makeup is to mix things up between the expensive if you need it and the drugstore if you don't. Normally I don't wear foundation. I have been obsessed with moisturizer and avoiding sunburn for years. I have horrible dark circles under my eyes, so I use Clinique All About Eyes Concealer. I prefer E.L.F liquid liner for a sleek look, Covergirl Lashblast Mascara and, if I want to use eye shadow, Clinique seems to stand up the longest. As for lipstick, I use cherry chapstick unless I'm going somewhere important, and then I just pick up the lipstick I feel best in...I haven't found a difference in the expensive stuff and what you pick up at the Dollar Store.

As far as hair, I have been a Matrix Sleek fan for years. Before, my hair was fine and frizzy. Now it is smooth and sleek and somehow thick. A friend of mine from high school discovered a secret for her frizzy hair...she started using hair care labeled "ethnic" at her local store. I tried it but it made my hair greasy. She swears by it though.

I'll post a couple of pictures of me wearing the make-up combos I use:

I think the best advice on makeup is to mix things up between the expensive if you need it and the drugstore if you don't. Normally I don't wear foundation. I have been obsessed with moisturizer and avoiding sunburn for years. I have horrible dark circles under my eyes, so I use Clinique All About Eyes Concealer. I prefer E.L.F liquid liner for a sleek look, Covergirl Lashblast Mascara and, if I want to use eye shadow, Clinique seems to stand up the longest. As for lipstick, I use cherry chapstick unless I'm going somewhere important, and then I just pick up the lipstick I feel best in...I haven't found a difference in the expensive stuff and what you pick up at the Dollar Store. As far as hair, I have been a Matrix Sleek fan for years. Before, my hair was fine and frizzy. Now it is smooth and sleek and somehow thick. A friend of mine from high school discovered a secret for her frizzy hair...she started using hair care labeled "ethnic" at her local store. I tried it but it made my hair greasy. She swears by it though. I'll post a couple of pictures of me wearing the make-up combos I use:
Love the eyeliner! I'm a little too old for that look but I woukd if I could get away with it.

As far as drug store make up goes. You can make any brand look good with the right prep work and finishing. For years all I used was dollar tree stuff and it looked great. Not so much if you are prone to break outs though.

Quote: Well, some brands do seem to better than others. Hardcandy's eyeliner is horrible, but a brand I was getting from Hot Topic (BlackHeart I think) was awesome and cheaper. I've also had some slightly-more-expensive-than-I-really-wanted-to-pay eyeliner that was horrid too and definitely not worth the price. Unfortunately, Hot Topic changed brands a month after they picked up the first one.

Back
Top Bottom