making a short story long

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
this story will eventually lead to chickens. a few months back i woke early for no know reason only to find my mother in the middle of a severe sugar drop. i tended her and after she was better i was a little shook up so i went outside on the back porch for some air. i heard a boy calling , help me, oh god someone please help me. i jumped in my car and took off in the direction it was coming from. i was about to turn around when i found him. he was sitting in the road and his car was upside down. i called 911 and stayed and tended him until they air lifted him out. first responders said his bone was protruding from his back . that is what i seen also.on the way home i checked , it was one mile away and it seemed like he was right in my ear. i tell you that story to tell this one. today, i heard what sounded like thunder. ya, another one. this time it was right in front of my house. i went out and found 2 girls just wandering in the street. i again called 911 then i brought them in my home. the passenger had lacerations to the head and face. the driver had some minor lacerations and was in shock. how do i know this? because of you guys. if it hadnt been for learning about shock in chickens here i would not have known to bring her in and get her warm until ems got here. i didnt use a heat lamp though. lol i offered her a kiss on the forehead and warm towels for their hands. they both left here a lot better then when i found them. back to the first story. i didnt relize i was in my nighty and had the boys blood on me but! here is the good news. a boy, with bone sticking out of his back, WALKED out of that hospital the very next day. it was the same police, ems,first responders. that was with me the first time so i was finally able to put him in a good place in my mind. sometimes life is awesome. :)
thank you for teaching me.

Wow...you are a HERO! Honestly. You have gone far and above what many people might have done in both of these cases! To bring them in your home, warm them up and care for them as you did. Stay with them till the medical team got to them. What a heart warming story. You are a very compassionate person.
hugs.gif
I wish I had the right words to say to you. Just keeping doing what you are doing. You are obviously on the right path in life.
smile.png

Holy wow granny! Thats some tale! Life teaches us stuff in crazy ways!
They were Lucky people.
Yahhhhh you, Yahhhhh chicky babes.
I think handling such small animals/birds gives you lots more faith in managing the big ones too.
Thats a wonderful thing you did for all of them
:hugs

Wow...you are a HERO! Honestly. You have gone far and above what many people might have done in both of these cases! To bring them in your home, warm them up and care for them as you did. Stay with them till the medical team got to them. What a heart warming story. You are a very compassionate person. :hugs   I wish I had the right words to say to you. Just keeping doing what you are doing. You are obviously on the right path in life. :)

X2

not a hero but thank you. i didnt do anything that everyone else would not of done. i was just in that place at that time. i thought it was pretty cool though about recognizing the shock.
hugs.gif

It's funny how those things work out sometimes. It's brilliant what you did though, kudos to you!

thank you, i just recognized what i learned here. soooo, its "us" not me.
highfive.gif

By using your skills at saving sick chickens in shock with heat, you were able to help people. I think this is incredible that you took what you knew and used it in another situation. You were acting with your heart, being lead to do what needed to be done and you did it in a humble way. This is a wonderful story and I am glad you shared with us here!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom