Making chocolate silver laced orpington

Pics
hhong3138 - Forgot to ask how many the chicken calculator told you you needed to hatch to get to your objective -- is this the generation that will have them, or is it a bit down the road?

43 to get 2.3% chocolate silver laced. Need to hatch a lot more eggs.

How long will it take you (estimated) to do 43 hatches?? Are you constantly having eggs in? Wow. It is quite the undertaking
1f631.png

43 to get 2.3% chocolate silver laced. Need to hatch a lot more eggs.
At least you know. It could always be the 29th hatched chick that comes up to be the ONE but at least you know that you have it within your sites to get there.

How long will it take you (estimated) to do 43 hatches?? Are you constantly having eggs in? Wow. It is quite the undertaking
1f631.png
Agreed it is a big undertaking - and all the more rewarding when she reasches success!

Subscribed...... :) This is such a great project- I'm intrested to see the results.

I really wish that I didn't see the post mentioning Keith's Orps....... That's just reminded me that I need to check back in May for the stock sales list...... Ugh I have no self control when it comes to Orpingtons.:p

1f631.png

Yes, it is! That's why I kind of understand why some this new colored chicks are sold in high price. It take a lot of effort and time to get there.
At least you know. It could always be the 29th hatched chick that comes up to be the ONE but at least you know that you have it within your sites to get there.

Agreed it is a big undertaking - and all the more rewarding when she reasches success!

Yes, Kathy. I will get there eventually! I decided to add my golden laced and F1 hens to the breeding pen to get more hatching eggs. Since silver is dominant to gold, I will get equal chance of chocolate silver laced chicks (according to the chicken calculator). Also I will get same percentage of the chocolate golden laced chicks from them too. Which is also a very beautiful color (new color too). So one stone two birds
wink.png

Subscribed......
smile.png
This is such a great project- I'm intrested to see the results.

I really wish that I didn't see the post mentioning Keith's Orps....... That's just reminded me that I need to check back in May for the stock sales list...... Ugh I have no self control when it comes to Orpingtons.
tongue.png
Oh, You are in UK. Lucky you! You don't have to do it from scratch like us here in US. Glad to have you join us though

One important part of this project is to overcome my biggest shortcoming--impatience. It is a good way to practice Zen
big_smile.png

Hatched two more chocolate ones--one dark, one light chocolate. Hope is high for light one :fl

Back
Top Bottom