Making chocolate silver laced orpington

Pics

hhong3138

Songster
8 Years
Jul 3, 2011
TX
I saw a picture of chocolate silver laced orpington and fell in love with the color immediately. In 2015, I obtained a chocolate rooster and a silver laced hen and started my first step. In 2016, I hatched some chicks from the above pair and keep only the F1 rooster with nice shape and coloring for my next stage as only roosters carry 1 dose of each chocolate, S,and Pg genes whereas the F1 hens only carry 1 dose of chocolate and Pg genes. Now the F1 rooster has finally became mature and I am breeding him back to the silver laced hen. Currently collecting eggs and can't wait to hatching some F2 offsprings. Anyone else is doing the same project? If so, would love to hear how your project is going and share some progress. will update some pictures later

Last edited:

Okay, here are two pictures of the chicks. They seem to be chocolate silver laced with some "gold' leakages. I have two look like this so far. Will have to see how they turn out when fully featured.

Last edited:
I have the following-
Black Orpington pair
White Orpington trio
Silver laced Orpington quad
Gold laced Orpington trio
Lavender Orpington flock.

Can some some one please tell me what other colors I can make with this group of birds? I have multiple lavender, gold laced, silver laced roosters.

There aren't too many options with these colors. If you are patient, you can try lavender with golden laced to create Isabel lavender laced or lavender over silver laced to get lavender silver laced. It will be a minimum 4 years project though

Last edited:

2 more late hatchlings. So many different colors just as the chicken color calculator predicted. Sigh...Still a long way to get enough chocolate silver laced ones. Though feel pretty good about myself as I no longer need to select birds from the pictures list, just change the gene selections ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom