Making chocolate silver laced orpington

How long will it take you (estimated) to do 43 hatches?? Are you constantly having eggs in? Wow. It is quite the undertaking
1f631.png

One important part of this project is to overcome my biggest shortcoming--impatience. It is a good way to practice Zen
big_smile.png

Do u have any updated pics of the chicks now???

Sorry for haven't post anything. ..Wasn't feeling well last couple days. Yes, I think I have one a few weeks old chick is chocolate silver laced. Though there are also some gold leakages. Will take a picture later.

This is the only pic I got of her when she first hatched, once she dried up her markings became more visible. Now that I look at her again, her pattern is definitely different than your chix, just reminded me of it cause of her random face splotches.

This is her now, at almost 4 weeks I think. In real life her markings are darker but for some reason my iPod camera can't take good pictures of chocolate chickens, it makes them all fuzzy cause it tries to focus on other things.

Ok, sorry to inform everyone who is following this project that I had to terminate the project due to unexpected events and won't raise any chicken for awhile. I will not follow this thread anymore. Anyone else is interested in the project or doing it can take over. Thanks for your support again.

I always liked this project idea. Glad to see someone is working on it.
What did you cross to get your F1?

I saw a picture of chocolate silver laced orpington and fell in love with it immediately. In 2015, I obtained a chocolate rooster and a silver laced hen and started my first step. In 2016, I hatched some chicks from the above pair and keep only the F1 rooster with nice shape and coloring for my next stage as only roosters carry both 1 dose of chocolate and PG genes. Now the F1 rooster has finally became mature and I am breeding him back to the silver laced hen. Currently collecting eggs and can't wait to see the hatching some. Anyone else is doing the same project? If so, would love to hear how your project is going and share some progress. will update some pictures later
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom