Making chocolate silver laced orpington

Oh no! So sorry that happened to you
1f633.png
2639.png

Yes, my father in law will come next week to help me finish insulation and electric wiring in a new shed which will be used just for all my incubators and baby chicks. The snakes shouldn't be able to get in. Many chicks just hatched today. They will stay in garage until the shed is finished.

Thanks, bk15. I believe you will in a couple months!

Disaster happened last night! A snake went into the brooder and killed all the birds inside.
1f62d.png
1f624.png

Lost all birds hatched 2 weeks ago. Saw a few were definitely chocolate laced. I don't understand why it killed the birds and didn't eat them all. This morning scared me death as I touched it while I taking the dead birds out. it was sleeping underneath the radiant heater

I'm so so sorry :hugs We all hate it when it happens, but try to move forwards......

Thanks ChicKat and DancingWithDucks! I feel better already because I have all your moral support!

I had a very successful hatch with yesterday's batch--99% hatching rate with dry method from day 1 to hatch. We have had some rainy days and the air humidity rate has been rather high. After a couple of 50-60% hatching rate batches, I decided to add no water even after the lock down. From this batch, I got a very interesting looking chick. I guess it is a chocolate partridge. Any thoughts?

Cool looking chick, I had a similar looking one hatch from my cinnamon legbar project roo crossed with a Barnevelder hen.

Thanks! Do you have a picture of the one? Would love to see pictures of your cinnamon legbar project chicken
1f600.png

This is the only pic I got of her when she first hatched, once she dried up her markings became more visible. Now that I look at her again, her pattern is definitely different than your chix, just reminded me of it cause of her random face splotches.

This is her now, at almost 4 weeks I think. In real life her markings are darker but for some reason my iPod camera can't take good pictures of chocolate chickens, it makes them all fuzzy cause it tries to focus on other things.

This is the only pic I got of her when she first hatched, once she dried up her markings became more visible. Now that I look at her again, her pattern is definitely different than your chix, just reminded me of it cause of her random face splotches. This is her now, at almost 4 weeks I think. In real life her markings are darker but for some reason my iPod camera can't take good pictures of chocolate chickens, it makes them all fuzzy cause it tries to focus on other things.
Thanks for sharing the pictures! She is very cute! I only have a cinnamon silkie duck. What is the genetics of cinnamon?

Back
Top Bottom