Making chocolate silver laced orpington

Thanks for sharing the pictures! She is very cute! I only have a cinnamon silkie duck. What is the genetics of cinnamon?

It's just chocolate (+ gold instead of cream) genes added to normal Cream Legbars. I made up the name cause it seemed to fit the coloring. Hoping to add the mahogany gene and get red-chocolate as the Cinnamon Legbar color. I really want a chicken that will blend in to the pine forest where we live.

This is my Cinnamon Legbar hen, not perfect coloring but she is only f2 choc orp + ccl.

From last fall, the roo is chocolate cuckoo but carrying the duckwing pattern

From this batch, I got a very interesting looking chick. I guess it is a chocolate partridge. Any thoughts?

Thats a really interesting little chick.
Coolest chick Ive seen in a while.
Congrats

It's just chocolate (+ gold instead of cream) genes added to normal Cream Legbars. I made up the name cause it seemed to fit the coloring. Hoping to add the mahogany gene and get red-chocolate as the Cinnamon Legbar color. I really want a chicken that will blend in to the pine forest where we live. This is my Cinnamon Legbar hen, not perfect coloring but she is only f2 choc orp + ccl. From last fall, the roo is chocolate cuckoo but carrying the duckwing pattern
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

Heres a F2 chocolate project chick I hatched last week.
I thought it was interesting too.
If male its just split to chocolate. If female it is chocolate.
Thinking it is chocolate by the color so far.

Heres a F2 chocolate project chick I hatched last week.
I thought it was interesting too.
If male its just split to chocolate. If female it is chocolate.
Thinking it is chocolate by the color so far.

Thanks for sharing! Very adorable indeed! What chocolate project are you working on?

Thanks for sharing! Very adorable indeed! What chocolate project are you working on?

Chocolate, chocolate barred, chocolate gold duckwing and chocolate silver duckwing leghorns.
My F1s are extended black/ gold duckwing (wild type)
Breeding them to extended black and gold duckwing. Trying to get back to two groups. Solid chocolate (extended black) and chocolate gold duckwing.
Once i get those two groups breeding true im going to split them both.
Bring in barring to the solids and silver duckwing to the gold duckwing.
Then get all four groups breeding true.

Chocolate, chocolate barred, chocolate gold duckwing and chocolate silver duckwing leghorns.
My F1s are extended black/ gold duckwing (wild type)
Breeding them to extended black and gold duckwing. Trying to get back to two groups. Solid chocolate (extended black) and chocolate gold duckwing.
Once i get those two groups breeding true im going to split them both.
Bring in barring to the solids and silver duckwing to the gold duckwing.
Then get all four groups breeding true.

Wow! Will you breed them to the standard of leghorn (white earlobe, yellow legs...)

Love chocolate! :D

Back
Top Bottom