Making chocolate silver laced orpington

Oh my gosh this color is beautiful I saw one bird from Keith's Orphington's in the U.K. But he doesn't ship to the usa
1f630.png
1f622.png

Oh my gosh this color is beautiful I saw one bird from Keith's Orphington's in the U.K. But he doesn't ship to the usa
1f630.png
1f622.png

Yes, his birds are totally stunning! I wish I can achieve that appearance someday.

Thanks for all your support! I will update some pictures when they grow some more feathers!

2 more late hatchlings. So many different colors just as the chicken color calculator predicted. Sigh...Still a long way to get enough chocolate silver laced ones. Though feel pretty good about myself as I no longer need to select birds from the pictures list, just change the gene selections ;)

Last edited:

2 more late hatchlings. So many different colors just as the chicken color calculator predicted. Sigh...Still a long way to get enough chocolate silver laced ones. Though feel pretty good about myself as I no longer need to select birds from the pictures list, just change the gene selections
wink.png

I love the color of the one on the left, is she chocolate?

I love the color of the one on the left, is she chocolate?

I am not sure either. Might be a silver laced but with gold leakage? The light chocolate color on the back might because the light. Will double check tomorrow under nature light

Last edited:

2 more late hatchlings. So many different colors just as the chicken color calculator predicted. Sigh...Still a long way to get enough chocolate silver laced ones. Though feel pretty good about myself as I no longer need to select birds from the pictures list, just change the gene selections
wink.png
Such pretty chicks!
CONGRATULATIONS!! - yep that chicken calculator did generate a long list.

This is going to be so exciting. You MUST post a lot of pictures for us!! They are beautiful!

Such pretty chicks!
CONGRATULATIONS!! - yep that chicken calculator did generate a long list.

This is going to be so exciting. You MUST post a lot of pictures for us!! They are beautiful!

So excited can't wait to see more pictures!!!
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f601.png
1f917.png

Thanks! Will do!

Also I am almost certain that the only chocolate one hatched is not silver laced .
Had a good look of the chick on the left side of last picture posted. She does have some brown color on her back, not sure it is chocolate though. I think it might be a in complete chocolate silver partridge. Let's see how it will look like in 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom