Making fertile Eggs non-viable

Wow, that food bank stalker dude sounds like a piece of work.

Do you have space in your fridge to store the eggs for a week-ish prior to donating them?
Or is it possible to contact the food banks and ask them if they can help? They probably don't turn most people away, but if they heard your livelihood is at risk and the guy doesn't intend to eat the eggs, they might be able to do something to deter him. :/

The reason I am asking is because yes, I am working on a project and we give away all our extra eggs to food banks. Well we now have someone who 'stalks' the food banks for my eggs (we always date stamp collection day) to try to get our eggs to hatch so he doesn't have to pay.

I don't appreciate being called greedy - this is my livelihood & my job. I invested a lot of money (my entire retirement when I quit my job and started my homestead & hatchery) into my birds. I've imported them from across the country, worked hard on my blood lines.

Nobody works for free - it takes funding and I can't give my work away. This person had already "stolen" and hatched eggs of mine and is actively trying to compete against me (though he was recently shut down because all his birds died from his neglect).
What about using stickers (dollar tree kind) instead of stamps? One's you could easily peel off if you decided to donate your eggs. Garage sale stickers peel off easily. I don't know the effect the stickers would have on the eggs you decided to keep for hatching though if any.

Back
Top Bottom