Making it More Time Consuming to Create an Account.

aoxa

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Shediac Cape NB, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
I find there has been a lot of new spam accounts lately. Could there be a way to increase the effort it takes to create an account?

I'm reporting all the spam threads... Hope this is okay. :/

They need to have it where you have to enter a Captcha thing before signing up........To weed out the fakes
It's been a while since I created my account, so I don't recall the process. I would think this was a given!

So annoying to see all these fake threads advertising rugby and asking for financial assistance.. :barnie

It's been a while since I created my account, so I don't recall the process. I would think this was a given!
So annoying to see all these fake threads advertising rugby and asking for financial assistance..
barnie.gif
LOL Ill take some of the second one myself LOL But yeah.. It gets old seeing spammers.

We're working on a few things, but there are tradeoffs. Every block we put in place to stop spammers also stops legit users. You wouldn't think so, but it really does, so we tread lightly on this.

Thanks very much for quickly reporting spammers!

We're working on a few things, but there are tradeoffs.   Every block we put in place to stop spammers also stops legit users.  You wouldn't think so, but it really does, so we tread lightly on this.

Thanks very much for quickly reporting spammers!
I'll continue to :) I do find it happens mostly on Fridays. I notice weird patterns like that :p

Speaking from a web developers point of view.... Adding captcahs is not all ways the best tng to do! I know personally I hate them, while there are some neat new ones coming out I would still not say that they are worth the trade offs. If some one could create a system that stopped spam 100% of the time they would be million airs

Back
Top Bottom