Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Most likely I'd order a block of Females - I have some decent to good roosters with a number of the traights I'm already looking for, which are product of a generation or two of work already.

Two generations should probably get you the patterning you're looking for.

IIRC, the partridge pattern is the same sort of patterning that the dark Brahmas have so if you haven't culled all the Brahma-mama boys that should already be in your flock's genetics.

No pictures today, took five rabbits (the other two made like tunnel rats, and disappeared!) aged about 8 weeks, largest was just over 3 1/4#, smallest about 2 1/2#. New setup for culling, worked really well. Then it started raining, so I didn't move on to the birds. But I have dinner now for thanksgiving, and a gift for a neighbor, so not an unsuccessful morning.

Part of the last goat is becoming chili. as soon as I'm done grinding it up.

Which means I still need a dinner plan...

No pictures today, took five rabbits (the other two made like tunnel rats, and disappeared!) aged about 8 weeks, largest was just over 3 1/4#, smallest about 2 1/2#. New setup for culling, worked really well. Then it started raining, so I didn't move on to the birds. But I have dinner now for thanksgiving, and a gift for a neighbor, so not an unsuccessful morning.

Part of the last goat is becoming chili. as soon as I'm done grinding it up.

How are you planning to cook the rabbit? We always baked ours in chicken broth. Gave it a chicken taste along with some of the gaminess(?) Of the rabbit

How are you planning to cook the rabbit? We always baked ours in chicken broth. Gave it a chicken taste along with some of the gaminess(?) Of the rabbit
I'm leaving that to my wife - but I am ensuring it rests for four+ days, first by taking them today.

We've had good luck in the past baking in earthenware with root veggies, mushrooms, and then finishing with a sour cream sauce - and yes, I think it was a shallow braise, but I'd have to look the recipe up again.

Funny, I'm in that position right now because I'm dealing with a lost hunting dog that's chained to my trailer to keep him from getting into Camp Cockerel.

It's totally screwed up my day.

In this county we don't have full-time Animal Control. Just 8-5 weekdays.

So I'm stuck with this dog until Monday.

Funny, I'm in that position right now because I'm dealing with a lost hunting dog that's chained to my trailer to keep him from getting into Camp Cockerel.

It's totally screwed up my day.

In this county we don't have full-time Animal Control. Just 8-5 weekdays.

So I'm stuck with this dog until Monday.
Dog... dinner... they both start with D....

Just kidding obviously.

I'm really angry that someone just turned this dog loose to run.

If it weren't so friendly that we just walked up and put a chain on it's collar it could have ended up shot.
Yeah. It's a good thing it worked out. Most of the people here wouldn't have been so caring to the dog.

Got any meat in the freezer you've got to use soon? It should still be early enough you can chuck it in some hot water to thaw

Yeah. It's a good thing it worked out. Most of the people here wouldn't have been so caring to the dog.

Got any meat in the freezer you've got to use soon? It should still be early enough you can chuck it in some hot water to thaw

If he hadn't been so friendly that he came up and rolled on his back when we tried to chase him away it could have been very different.

I got dog food from my SIL.

DH will pick up a spare doghouse on his way home from work.

Back
Top Bottom