Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

The dog tried to kill itself by eating the cord from the brooder plate/coop heater I put into the doghouse to try to keep it from being injured by the forecast 20F weather. *sigh*

It's also destroyed multiple plastic containers that we'd put food and water into and nearly completely destroyed the large hambone I'd given it in hope that it would chew the bone instead of the dishes.

DH is calling Animal Control as soon as it's open.
Yes it's Monday. Ugg. Went to put new bulb in pump house last night. Thermostat has failed. Added a temp for the night. Lowes does not carry. Got to call elec supply places today. At least looks like weather will be better for a while. Do not want to plug and unplug all winter. Life in the country.🤪 Gotta love it!

I've had that happen. He got so worked up over a doe his heart gave out.
Well, hopefully, he got the deed done and died happy.

In terms of coloration, he looked a lot like she - so if I have to replace him, I'll do so with a bunny that resembles neither Blackberry nor Peanut Bunny, simply for ID purposes. Maybe a CA White? I wonder (but not enough to be motivated to look up) how bunnies are normally ID'd. Ear tags just don't seem practical. Or is it a physical check after those few occasions when they are brought together for mating?

Well, hopefully, he got the deed done and died happy.

In terms of coloration, he looked a lot like she - so if I have to replace him, I'll do so with a bunny that resembles neither Blackberry nor Peanut Bunny, simply for ID purposes. Maybe a CA White? I wonder (but not enough to be motivated to look up) how bunnies are normally ID'd. Ear tags just don't seem practical. Or is it a physical check after those few occasions when they are brought together for mating?
Usually by ear tattoos.

Back
Top Bottom