Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Which model did you buy?
This one. Note that I haven't used it long enough to recommend it or not - but we absolutely DID NOT need the blue tooth functions in most of the others, so I went with a less expensive, higher watt heating element (I have a 5 gal pot I intend to sous fide with - though the 12 qt bin I currently use fit an 8# pork butt just fine.

Yeah, me neither. I looked up some different models, and all I could think of was, "Why do I need an app on my phone for a cooking appliance?" Ok, so I'm old. Old-ish.

Yes.

We've bought several things recently where we shook our heads and said "It's just another thing to break." Then we bought the simple, basic one.

Yeah, me neither. I looked up some different models, and all I could think of was, "Why do I need an app on my phone for a cooking appliance?" Ok, so I'm old. Old-ish.
not only that, they all use an old blue tooth standard which can be really persnickety when pairing with more modern devices...

I don't like boiled meat or small kitchen appliances that are just something else to clean.. Give me a cast iron skillet or dutch oven and a gas cooktop. My dear wife is buying into the current controversy about cooking with gas so the future looks bleak.
Its not boiled, and there' nothing to clean*. Only clean water touches it, you throw the bag you cook in away.

*Unless you throw it on a pan or under a broiler to put some color on the outside - and you should!

P.S. We'd love to replace our fancy, came-with-our-SIL's-new-house washer that is constantly malfunctioning with it's too-sensitive sensors. with a simple, manual one that does nothing but wash the clothes in the amount of water I choose and has a manual spin-only option.

They barely exist.
We bought a new washer and dryer last summer, went to lowes, they were trying to show me all these bluetooth capable, programable washers, I looked and that lady and said I need a washer with an agitator, a knob to select my cycle, and a start button, lol.

We bought a new washer and dryer last summer, went to lowes, they were trying to show me all these bluetooth capable, programable washers, I looked and that lady and said I need a washer with an agitator, a knob to select my cycle, and a start button, lol.
We had to have one ordered in that didn't have all the bells, whistles and blue tooth...
There some neat stuff you can cook with it. However I'm the weirdo that grew up on Good Eats and won't let her father touch the grill because that her domain :idunno
Me too.😂 I have 16 seasons plus The Reload and all the specials....

Back
Top Bottom