Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Lacing is recessive so when I cross the SLW's to the Australorps I will get no lacing at all in the F1.
How can we account for the girl I posted above with the messy lacing? only her mother was laced?

Extended Black (found in the Australorps @3KillerBs is working with) is dominant over any other allele at the e-locus. Extended Black does not allow lacing to be seen, because the bird is black all over.

Lacing (Pattern Gene + certain other genes) acts semi-dominant over not-laced on any chicken that can have both black and gold.

It also works if the gold is darkened to red, or lightened to cream, or replaced by silver, or otherwise a different shade. It also works if the black is diluted to blue or chocolate or if Dominant White turns it white or whatever. But basically, a chicken must be able to show at least two colors if you want to see lacing, and the Black (or Blue) Australorps cannot do that. They only show one color (black or blue.)

I have 2 hens like this and they are definitely good camouflage. They are just barnyard mix with a lot of Easter egger influence
IMG_20220524_075122418~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220524_075122418~2.jpg
    IMG_20220524_075122418~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom