Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Are the yellow ones most likely to have the coloration you're looking for?
Yes.

I just grabbed a cup of coffee and checked on my birds, they are fine and fluffy and not panting or sprawled out, and seemingly not cold either. Probe temp says the heat is fine.

Just not noisy.

☕

Walked the Electric Fence at lunch - something got a pair of my 3 yr old Brahma, found the remnants (feathers only, no bones) just inside the woodline at the back edge of the fencing. Going to have to keep an eye out, but it had to have happened overnight, and I've been exhausted...
I read someone hung a Ziploc bag with ammonia in it and the outside had peanut butter every so often on the perimeter. When they bit the bag they got ammonia.

Gave up on the last two, meaning only 5 of 12 from this set. Eggtopsy revealed nothing. Both appeared fully formed - eyes, beaks, feasthers, appropriate number of limbs, etc. Air sacks were fine. The one had tried to pip on the side of the shell, possibly simply miss-positioned. The other, I haven't a clue.

Time to sanitize the incubator and start again.

Gave up on the last two, meaning only 5 of 12 from this set. Eggtopsy revealed nothing. Both appeared fully formed - eyes, beaks, feasthers, appropriate number of limbs, etc. Air sacks were fine. The one had tried to pip on the side of the shell, possibly simply miss-positioned. The other, I haven't a clue.

Time to sanitize the incubator and start again.

Even my broody had a late quitter this weekend. Nothing looked wrong in the eggtopsy.

Back
Top Bottom